PDA

View Full Version : Grenade rebuild

Magician
2nd September 2016, 09:47 PM
Hey team
well the parts are all in head has been done and ready to start the 2001 zd30 turbo direct injection rebuild tomorrow.
I have a question or 2 i read the head bolts torque at 40-49 nm or 29-36 foot pounds can any one tell me if this is correct ? seems a large range to me :confused:
I am going to get a nads from northern 4 x 4 this week but probably wont install till the donk back in and all running sweet as i dont want to add more complications at reinstall and first start. I figure i already got plenty i can bugger up :)
I looked on here for the torque settings for head con rods etc but no luck so double checking what i found in the manual

4bye4
2nd September 2016, 11:06 PM
Hey team
well the parts are all in head has been done and ready to start the 2001 zd30 turbo direct injection rebuild tomorrow.
I have a question or 2 i read the head bolts torque at 40-49 nm or 29-36 foot pounds can any one tell me if this is correct ? seems a large range to me :confused:
I am going to get a nads from northern 4 x 4 this week but probably wont install till the donk back in and all running sweet as i dont want to add more complications at reinstall and first start. I figure i already got plenty i can bugger up :)
I looked on here for the torque settings for head con rods etc but no luck so double checking what i found in the manual

Not sure where the figures came from but it may mean taking two bites. Torque all down to 40 then reset the torque wrench to 49 and torque again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mudski
3rd September 2016, 10:51 AM
Not sure where the figures came from but it may mean taking two bites. Torque all down to 40 then reset the torque wrench to 49 and torque again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah thats how I'd take it. First round at 40 then go again at 49.
To the op. Get yourself a Gregorys workshop manual mate. Especially if your doing something like this.
And/or. Download the service manual on pdf and then print out the pages you need.
Edit you already have a manual....
Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Softy
3rd September 2016, 11:32 AM
Curious as to what pistons your using for the rebuild?