PDA

View Full Version : Barn door open light won't turn off.

michaelgreeny
31st August 2016, 11:39 AM
Hey guys,

I've just finished installing a barn door table but have now got the problem that my door open light won't turn off, even when the door is well and truly closed. I've looked a heap of times and I can't see anywhere that the table is hitting anything that would make it not shut properly.
Just wondering if anyone can tell me where the sensor is that and if it's possible to make it think it's shut or theres something that can be adjusted to make it work?

Hope that makes sense?

Thanks.

mudski
31st August 2016, 11:49 AM
Is this one of those caravan ones with the light in it? where you screw it into the door? If so you have probably screwed into the wires inside the door. There a few threads already on this I think where they have done this. If not, but its mounted with screws, check this anyway...

threedogs
31st August 2016, 01:54 PM
Some one else just did the very same thing Ill find the thread for you if I can lol

michaelgreeny
31st August 2016, 05:18 PM
Cheers guys, I should've specified it's the warning light that says one of your doors is open that won't turn off.

bazzaboy
31st August 2016, 05:56 PM
I had a problem with mine after installing a rear door table. Turned out that the large rear door lock/switch is quite sensitive and was not totally closing without some additional trimming of the table. Although it looked closed, it wasn't. My problem was that the central locking was no longer working but it didn't trigger the "door open" light. After trimming the table a bit more, my problem was solved. You issues could be caused by any of the door switches but I would re-check that rear door before digging any deeper.