PDA

View Full Version : Fitting winch

shakey55
29th August 2016, 02:53 PM
Just thought I would ask the more knowledgeable people here.

I have a genuine Nissan BB on a 2005 4.2 Patrol.

I have bought a warn winch.

Do I need anything else (fittings etc) or do I just bolt the purchased winch onto BB and power it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

threedogs
29th August 2016, 04:07 PM
What model winch did you buy, low mount or High mount

MudRunnerTD
29th August 2016, 06:43 PM
It should go straight in. you may need to flip it and rotate the gear box depending on the size of the winch. You may also need a spacer kit if you have a bigger winch to set the winch back off the back of the bar face to fit the gearbox in.

shakey55
30th August 2016, 06:08 AM
What model winch did you buy, low mount or High mount

I have a Warn Tabor 10000 or 12000 (I'll check box later)

Every where I have read says that it will fit and the bolt pattern is the same as the XD9000

I was just wondering if you need a fitting kit from NISSAN or some other accessories to fit properly.

I can seem to locate anyone you has fitted a Warn Tabor. Everyone knows someone who has a mate that has one, but can't actually contact someone who has fitted one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
30th August 2016, 08:06 AM
The bolt pattern is common across the range. The fair leads are all the same. Any trouble will be relating to any taper back of the front plate but it should be fairly flat. Your next issue will be with the chassis rails etc. I don't expect you to have this trouble as Factory uses the Warn Winch as the template, all other winches use Warn as a bolt template too.

MudRunnerTD
30th August 2016, 08:07 AM
The fitting kit will be basically packers to pack the winch back off the bar.