PDA

View Full Version : Censius 2016

bazzaboy
27th August 2016, 09:28 AM
Had a knock on the door last night, two "Census police people". Asked why I hadn't lodged mine and when I intend to. I told them that I lodged it on-line on the night their site crashed. They said that if I didn't get a receipt then they didn't get it and I need to do it again. I then told them what I thought of the whole situation.

What an absolute joke, well it would be a joke if myself and the rest of the tax paying public weren't paying for their stuff-up. They tried putting it on-line to save money only to find that their site couldn't handle the excessive traffic. Go figure ... everyone else knew it would crash. Then to pay people to visit people's homes to get them to do it again, AND provide a paper form if they didn't want to do it on-line!

WHAT A JOKE, A VERY EXPENSIVE JOKE. THEY COULDN'T RUN A CHOOK RAFFLE!

mudnut
27th August 2016, 01:16 PM
Your browser history should show that you did the census form, shouldn't it?

taslucas
27th August 2016, 03:33 PM
I tried on the 9th and it crashed so I did it a few days later. It took all of 10 minutes, no big drama

>>>tappin from tassie

Hodge
27th August 2016, 03:40 PM
Love how they claimed site was "hacked" on the night.

taslucas
27th August 2016, 04:25 PM
Yeah I think even the most computer illiterate amongst us could guess that the site would struggle

>>>tappin from tassie

mudski
27th August 2016, 06:07 PM
Haha. I told them to talk to someone who cares.

Clunk
27th August 2016, 07:01 PM
I managed to get through to them a few days after the rash and told them that under no circumstances was I filling out anything online on their untrustworthy website, send me a paper form, which they did..... the missus proceeded to fill it out and asked me what to write in sections concerning me, N/A was the answer to a fair bit. ..... missus sent it off on Monday, 2 guys came round today asking why the form has not been submitted, so told them they best ask Australia Post and if there's any issues, send another form and we'll send it through by 23rd September as that's when it's due

jay see
27th August 2016, 07:16 PM
The wife did our last night online, we lost the pin and couldn't do it on the night. Haven't had a knock on the door.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk