PDA

View Full Version : Daylight running lights

threedogs
26th August 2016, 04:11 PM
I think they are great, I always had my lights on when riding my motor bike.
Needed everything I could to be visible, Ive fitted some to my patrol but
they are mainly for inclement weather conditions,
Its easy now to pick the different models, plus they are bright as, eh
So question is do you drive with your lights on during the day ???

Winnie
26th August 2016, 04:23 PM
Only if it is raining or foggy.

the evil twin
26th August 2016, 04:27 PM
Main Beams?
No, because all my vehicles have DRL's

mudnut
26th August 2016, 05:48 PM
Sometimes I turn the lights on if it is a very dull day or I am travelling with the setting / rising sun to my back. I would like to fit some LED DRLs when funds permit.

Clunk
26th August 2016, 05:52 PM
Round town when not raining..... no
When raining... yes
Country roads.... yes

Woof
26th August 2016, 06:35 PM
All the time unless I forget, way too many crap drivers over here

Hodge
26th August 2016, 08:21 PM
My lights are on all the time. Day time i ALWAYS run the parkers with the LED lights in the bullbar. It's a habit I've always had since working for Telstra for a while where it was mandatory to run lights 24/7. Later on they became automatic on all their cars.

jay see
26th August 2016, 11:49 PM
My theory is if I find it hard to see others then they must find it hard to see me.

So only when needed.

I would like to run DRL tho.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

garett
27th August 2016, 09:05 AM
i drive in Sydney and it doesn't seem to matter weather i drive with or with out lights on... ppl can't be @ssed looking they just move and expect you to get out of the way

bazzaboy
27th August 2016, 09:05 AM
I've never seen the need for fitting or using daytime running lights on a clear day. While I agree that lights on any vehicle attracts attention, and therefor a safety initiative in bad or wet weather, turning on your parking or headlights should achieve the same result.

threedogs
27th August 2016, 09:11 AM
I've never seen the need for fitting or using daytime running lights on a clear day. While I agree that lights on any vehicle attracts attention, and therefor a safety initiative in bad or wet weather, turning on your parking or headlights should achieve the same result.

That was my aim headlights on during the day is fine. I tend to have lights on when travelling too
Like some say there are some very poor drivers out there as the morning news shows every day.

mudnut these are bright as you can see how bright by the picture.[under headlight]
The others are bright as too and both wont break the bank.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-Super-Bright-COB-Car-White-LED-Lights-12V-For-DRL-Fog-Driving-Lamp-Waterproof-/331620598593?hash=item4d3620c341:g:XBUAAOSw-vlVjgOx

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-Car-LED-Driving-Universal-12V-Fog-Waterproof-Work-Lamp-Daytime-Running-Lights-/261745232878?hash=item3cf13b4bee:g:pL0AAOSwzrxUwhe u

GeeYou8
27th August 2016, 10:21 AM
My work car is a Hyundai Getz, if you leave the headlights on they switch off automatically when you remove the key, so headlights are left on all the time. As for DRLs one guy at work picked up some flexible LED strip ones that monitor the supply voltage and turn on when the alternator is charging.
I always drive with low beams on in the country, it is much easier to see when you pull out to overtake if that car way up the road is coming towards you, or going in the same direction if they have lights on.
Graham

mudnut
27th August 2016, 12:56 PM
I like the look off the second ones, TD.

threedogs
27th August 2016, 02:07 PM
I like the look off the second ones, TD.

They are very bright IMO