PDA

View Full Version : injector lines or return line leaking?

Crusty1
25th August 2016, 11:41 AM
Hi everyone, my first post and hoping someone has had this problem before, thanks in advance for your help!
I just had my injectors cleaned and tested, I refited them with new washers, put everything back together then started, idled bit rough with little miss but the big one was fuel was leaking around the top of injector lines?? I have replaced injector lines and still same,, could it be coming up from return line?? cheers

mudski
25th August 2016, 05:32 PM
Need a bit more info mate. What motor and a pic maybe of the suspect line might help.

AB
25th August 2016, 07:05 PM
As above mate, more info will help.

I had a leak on my TD42 and I just needed to nip up the injector line to injector thread but I would also clean everything up and make sure you know exactly where It's leaking from too and advise.

Dhuck
25th August 2016, 07:33 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

UncleFrosty
25th August 2016, 08:02 PM
Welcome to the forum Crusty!

Crusty1
25th August 2016, 11:48 PM
cheers fellas , my mechanic tightened the shit out of my original lines and still leaked and burred the ends over so they were pretty well shot, got hold of another set from a gq fitted ok , still leaked, bought another set from gu and great fit,still leaked, mate put tiny camera against one and the footage looked like the fuel was coming up from return line? seems suspect but apparently can do it. the return line is old and has been braised up from my first injector service. i ordered another return line and should be here next week, i live 160 odd kms to nearest injector shop so hoping we can fix the problem, seems like a odd one ey? its a 99 gu td42t, had new turbo and intercooler fitted few months ago and dyno tuned by ufi and was running great.will post couple pics tomorrow

mudski
26th August 2016, 12:04 AM
Your talking about the spill tube yeah? The one that runs from injector to injector? If so, thats the issue. Common as for these to leaking once you have taken it off.

Crusty1
26th August 2016, 12:13 AM
It looks like the connection from injector line to injector weeps fuel around that thread, there's like a 3mm gap from injector line nut and return line nut , that's were the fuel come out.

mudski
26th August 2016, 12:15 AM
Best to take a pic of exactly where you mean I reckon.

Crusty1
26th August 2016, 12:23 AM
Will do cheers Mudski

threedogs
26th August 2016, 09:10 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum,the above guys will sort you out
enjoy

Crusty1
26th August 2016, 03:41 PM
i,m hoping these 688126881368814work as i,m not that computer savvy . first one just start up other 2 , 30 second interval.

wafarmer
26th August 2016, 06:51 PM
Hi I am wafarmer I am trying to help Crusty1 with his fuel leaking problem.
I am not that good on computers so be kind.

It appears that the injector leak off line fittings are leaking by the looks from fuel coming up through the thread of the nut that holds the leak off pipe down.

Can one of you guys explain what parts and in what sequence they are assembled to the injector to seal the leak off line fittings.

Is it common to have the leak off pipes leak at the union on the injector.
I will try to post some pic's from my ipad when I work it out.

cheers
wafarmer

mudski
26th August 2016, 08:07 PM
Were new washers used when fitting the rail back on?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Crusty1
26th August 2016, 08:19 PM
sure was, I've noticed on eBay injectors the washers vary, some spill rail ones are copper and some are ally by the looks?

mudski
26th August 2016, 10:31 PM
sure was, I've noticed on eBay injectors the washers vary, some spill rail ones are copper and some are ally by the looks?
Oem washers are copper. Where the washers put on the top or the bottom side of the rail? What was the section where the washer sits on the rail like. No nics in it?

Crusty1
26th August 2016, 10:55 PM
Hey Mudski, washers put underneath rail, I even took it off and sanded cleaned faces, should get the new one tues, havin brows through old forums didn't no all those nuts had a touque setting

mudski
26th August 2016, 11:25 PM
Maybe switch the injector leaking from one cylinder to another and see if it leaks. At the same spot or the same injector. That will tell you atleast if its the injector at fault or not.

Crusty1
27th August 2016, 12:40 AM
I would but they all leak, bit of a head f..k ey

Crusty1
27th August 2016, 05:40 PM
Surly this has happened to someone out there?? Probably my dodgey workmanship.

mudski
27th August 2016, 06:04 PM
Sorry mate I'm all out of suggestions. If it leaking from the top I can only think of the small tapered section on the lines where they go into the injector is worn, and now the nut wont pull down tight enough. Or the seat in the injector is worn. Or both.

Crusty1
27th August 2016, 06:24 PM
thanks old mate will wait n see when new return line comes fingers crossed!! Otherwise You will hear me howling from over here in west oz.

Crusty1
9th September 2016, 09:41 AM
Well no more leaks! New retern line has fixed it, got me stuffed how it could do that but happy days. Now time to pack the big girl up for 3k trip up north. Thanks to everyone for there input.

mudski
9th September 2016, 10:13 AM
:clapping: Top stuff mate. Glad to see its all sorted.