PDA

View Full Version : Brake/parkers lights staying on

robwalker
24th August 2016, 10:02 PM
Hi all, when i first got my patrol going the parkers were staying on even with car off then that stopped Doing it, that was a few weeks ago. Now the brake lights stay on something eletrical i dont know what thought. I got told that it could be the light and indicator stickon steering wheel.

mudnut
24th August 2016, 11:22 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum. It could be the switch, but there are some easier things to check. If you have a trailer socket check the wiring loom to that. If you have done some work or fitted anything, the wires could squashed together or touching.

robwalker
25th August 2016, 12:20 AM
Thanks mudnut. Yes it does have a trailor plug and the mount was broken when i got it and it has been wrapped up behind the tow bar. Yes will check that out tomorrow. Cheers mate

robwalker
25th August 2016, 12:22 AM
The only thing that i have fitted to it is my light bar and thats not hooked up my hi beam or anything its on its own switch

threedogs
25th August 2016, 02:10 PM
Other than the trailer plug check the brake switch under the steering column.
Light bars rock hey lol

the evil twin
25th August 2016, 04:08 PM
If it is Brakes and Clearance lights about the only thing that makes sense is that either the brake light switch on the pedal or stalk switch on the steering is faulty and there is also an issue with the earthing and/or Trailer Plug.

If it is only Brakes then I would def suspect the Brake switch, if it is only Clearance lights I would suspect the stalk switch.

What happens if you depress the Brake pedal?
What happens if you disconnect the wires at the Pedal switch/pull the fuse/fiddle with the switch plunger?
What happens if you switch on the Clearance lights?

Does any light get brighter or dimmer when any of the above happens?