PDA

View Full Version : WATERr 2 AIR Intercooler set up

threedogs
24th August 2016, 04:44 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Patrol-Custom-Intercooler-Setup-/291849924328?hash=item43f39c6ee8:g:Z0gAAOSwH3NXmnD l

No idea if its any value or not just thought it might be of interest to someone. lol

mudski
24th August 2016, 05:59 PM
At 2.5K you would think the seller might put some effort into selling the product. Maybe it just me when I see stuff like this....

threedogs
25th August 2016, 02:16 PM
He probably thinks only ppl who know what they are on about will be interested.
Not sure if ARE are the best gear going around they sure know how to charge lol

mudski
25th August 2016, 02:33 PM

Doesn't matter if people who know, no one ain't gonna spend 2.5K on something second hand, with only a short description and one photo to go by.

threedogs
25th August 2016, 02:42 PM
Yeah agree could've done it better, some ppl eh lol

nissannewby
5th September 2016, 10:24 PM

Interesting comment. ARE have been in this game for a very long time. And for good reason. The owner is very thorough and something will not leave the shop until it is perfect. The guy who does the welding is very skilled. Everything is still made in house at ARE. They buy high quality cores then weld tanks to them even making custom end tanks from scratch if necessary.

I have recently done a cooler very similar to this one but used a pulse mig to weld it. It doesnt look as pretty but it took me nearly 2 days with help to do it.

Kimbo63
5th September 2016, 11:55 PM
You are spot on there mate and if you head to their website you will also find all the data from the R&D they have done something you won't find on many sites for intercoolers

threedogs
6th September 2016, 06:16 PM
You are spot on there mate and if you head to their website you will also find all the data from the R&D they have done something you won't find on many sites for intercoolers

I have no idea like I said if they are the best, nissannewby yes I cant fault their quality
I brought their scoop when it first came on the market @ $600 with a discount
I thought it was a bit steep. seeing Id just brought two OE nissan ones for $50 each
Their other pricing is in line with what the bigger players are charging,,lol

Ben-e-boy
6th September 2016, 07:04 PM
Their other pricing is in line with what the bigger players are charging,,lol

They are the big player

threedogs
6th September 2016, 07:09 PM
They are the big player

From what Ive heard down here is that ARE have
one guy who's an absolute Wiz on all things turbo.