PDA

View Full Version : Running Power into the Rear

10G
24th August 2016, 01:31 PM
Hi.

I need to run some power cable into the rear of my 2013 Y61 for a few fridges. Is there an easy/good place to get access from the underside of vehicle and into that rear cargo area???

Thanks.

threedogs
24th August 2016, 03:24 PM
There is a large rubber bung under the right rear to poke wires through.
There may well be one on the left as well

Or ,,,,you could run wires along the kick panelsfrom the front to rear
using a snake to access the cargo area.

10G
24th August 2016, 04:05 PM
Or ,,,,you could run wires along the kick panelsfrom the front to rear
using a snake to access the cargo area.

Yep that's a good idea.

When I ran wire for my lightbar I couldn't believe there was a complete blanking panel I could remove, drill out and put back. I love these vehicles.

JME_GU
24th August 2016, 09:32 PM
I recently had to run power to the back of the vehicle for power distribution, but at the same time I needed to run a 50 amp feed for the trailer and 20 amp feed for the trailer brakes. Given that a lot of this had to go out the back I ran power under the vehicle and then I ran the fridge power into the bung at the bottom of the panel. It was a bit of a pain but was otherwise OK. If I only had to run power for the fridge I would take off the kick panels and run it inside. Also, maybe you should consider running a second power cable in case you want to put camping lights out the back in the future?

10G
25th August 2016, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the help. I'm trying to get things ready for a trip in 3 weeks and am running out of time.