PDA

View Full Version : Hey All!

NosGQ
20th April 2011, 08:15 PM
Hey Guys and Gals,

My name is Adam im 28 and I live in Brisbane. Im not sure if many (if any) of your guys are from up here but I thought I would sign up and have a looksie.

I used to 4x4 a fair bit when I was 18 (only had a little suzuki sierra) then went off on a performance run for the last 10 years (from a few turbo'd imports but ended up heavily into v8's).

I will be looking in the future to start my ultimate project which will be a Holden WB Ute with a big block. To get ready for my little toy I thought it would be best to buy a tow car, so why not hit 2 birds with 1 stone and get myself a 4x4 aswell.

So about 2 months ago I bought myself a 1990 GQ Patrol Ute (badge a shitbox ford unfortunatly).

Havn't really done much to it yet apart from a full strip down and a basic respray, full service top to bottom, new sterio, UHF etc. etc. Also changed the front bench style seat over to 2 buckets out of a GQ Wagon and put in the centre console.

Recently bought some new 15x8 steelies and just got some cheap 32" Muddies for the moment.

Attached a new pics for ya's.. first 2 are just after a bought it and painted the tray and bullbar/steps a hammertop grey (second is my having some fun at Murphies Creek near toowoomba before the floods and before my new wheels).

Third pic is of it in my garage getting a new coat of paint.

I just finished putting it all back together this week so I will get some fresh pics up soon. I chopped up my bullbar and took the steps and sliders off so it looks a bit different now.

I do have a lot planned for it - suspension, new custom tray and camper setup, LSD's or lockers (havn't made up my mind) ... Also thinking about doing a Wagon Chassis Swap (becuase I currently run Leaf/Leaf) ... also thinking of doing a Shorty Chassis swap and put my cab on and make a custom short tray... Many things floating through my head at the moment.... :P

But yeah, that me and my GQ :)

big_fletch
20th April 2011, 08:17 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, great to have another member aboard..
Pics of the troll look good, can't wait to see what else you do with it.. Feel free to browse the forum and join in the convo's

Fletcha

Bigrig
20th April 2011, 08:42 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it. Enjoy!!

There is a fair few of us up here mate (me included), so feel free to let us know when you're up for a wheel and we'll organise something. We get out fairly regularly also, so check the Clubs and Events for QLD (one coming up in May).

growler2058
20th April 2011, 08:45 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard good friendly mob here

WHITEGQ
20th April 2011, 08:47 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum, heaps of great helpfull info on here.
Jeff.

Dhuck
20th April 2011, 08:49 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Finly Owner
20th April 2011, 11:00 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Adam. As Big Rig says he does a lot of organising runs from this forum and lots of legal fun is had.

Tim

rfrom7inoz
20th April 2011, 11:20 PM
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!

Bob
21st April 2011, 07:17 AM
Welcome Adam. Join in and enjoy

Sir Roofy
21st April 2011, 04:18 PM
welcome aboard ADAM

Maxhead
21st April 2011, 08:19 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum Adam

DX grunt
21st April 2011, 08:20 PM
G'day Adam. Ute's rule!

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Dark 1
21st April 2011, 11:00 PM
Welcome mate, have a poke around & join in when your ready.

timbar
22nd April 2011, 01:46 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard join in and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

AB
27th April 2011, 06:55 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Clunk
29th April 2011, 02:18 AM
g'day Adam, welcome aboard mate

patch697
3rd May 2011, 06:33 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul