PDA

View Full Version : GQ - TI - Rear Stabilizer Disconnect Question

NissanGQ4.2
15th August 2016, 07:37 PM
Quick Q on the GQ TI Rear Stabilizer Disconnect

Firstly, does anyone know how #1 in my pic comes off, I assume undo the 4 bolts but what holds the cable in?

Secondly, anyone know the best method of replacing the shaft with the ball joint that attaches 2 the rear stabilizer bar ( Pic 2 )? I assume this part can't be bought

Cheers

Toddie

liftlid
15th August 2016, 07:51 PM
Easiest way to remove cable from unit without removing cable from car is to pull cover off after manipulating unit from bracket (yes it is a Bugger to do) once out cable and rod can be removed.

Don't know if you can get new replacement maybe try Nissan, when I broke mine complete units were $900 so I welded on some shock eyes and reconfigured sway bar

NissanGQ4.2
15th August 2016, 07:54 PM
Easiest way to remove cable from unit without removing cable from car is to pull cover off after manipulating unit from bracket (yes it is a Bugger to do) once out cable and rod can be removed.

Don't know if you can get new replacement maybe try Nissan, when I broke mine complete units were $900 so I welded on some shock eyes and reconfigured sway bar

Yeh seen your post on here with the shock eyes, theirs gotta be something simpler than that

liftlid
15th August 2016, 08:05 PM
Yeh seen your post on here with the shock eyes, theirs gotta be something simpler than that
Yep $900 bucks simpler, unless you can get 2nd hand