PDA

View Full Version : Is this Aloe Vera?

dom14
14th August 2016, 11:59 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm no botanist.
So, asking for help from the gurus out there.
These two plants have been in the backyard for years.
I've never bothered to identify them. I thought they are just some wild cactus type of plant or
a thorny lily or something. It has been thriving without water and without any deep roots going into the soil.

I've been searching for an Aloe Vera plant online and when I started searching online I kinda was gobsmacked as I have been having two plants just look like Aloe Vera in my backyard.

Any ideas, thoughts, advice?

Is there a test I can do rather than judging it visually?

Thanx

Winnie
15th August 2016, 12:37 AM
Looks like aloe vera. What is it like when you break it open? Gooey and sticky on the inside?

Kimbo63
15th August 2016, 03:51 AM
Sure looks like aloe Vera great plant to have in your garden excellent for burns and cuts

Kimbo63
15th August 2016, 03:53 AM
bigguwesty stick one of them leaves on your wrist mate

jay see
15th August 2016, 05:24 AM
Yep, I've got some at home, but mine isn't as flat.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

BigRAWesty
15th August 2016, 07:34 AM
Yep that's alo

bigguwesty stick one of them leaves on your wrist mate
We have 2 of these at the farm. Pity it's 700k away...

Kimbo63
15th August 2016, 09:52 AM
Yep that's alo

We have 2 of these at the farm. Pity it's 700k away...
When you are home next time break off a leaf and stick it in a pot it will grow and you can have one in your garden easy to grow and transplant

BigRAWesty
15th August 2016, 10:01 AM
When you are home next time break off a leaf and stick it in a pot it will grow and you can have one in your garden easy to grow and transplant
Yea right...
That easy..
Will do

threedogs
15th August 2016, 02:28 PM
Yes it is best natural cure or aid for any burn type injuries, even good for sun burn
A must for every home IMO

Wine_maker
15th August 2016, 05:50 PM
You can made a some kind of tequila from it :drunk:

Woof
15th August 2016, 06:19 PM

Finally someone with a helpful use for it, onya mate............................hahahahahahahahaha hahahaha

GeeYou8
15th August 2016, 07:42 PM
You have to crush it, then I can't remember if you spit or urinate into the mix before adding yeast, then distil the wash.
I tried some prickly pear mead once that was very nice.
Graham

dom14
16th August 2016, 01:18 AM
Looks like aloe vera. What is it like when you break it open? Gooey and sticky on the inside?

I didn't touch it at all. I'll do it tomorrow, first thing in the morning.

dom14
16th August 2016, 01:22 AM
You have to crush it, then I can't remember if you spit or urinate into the mix before adding yeast, then distil the wash.
I tried some prickly pear mead once that was very nice.
Graham

That's something I would like to pass for the time being... :D

dom14
16th August 2016, 01:24 AM
Yes it is best natural cure or aid for any burn type injuries, even good for sun burn
A must for every home IMO

My idea is to use it as a remedy for hairloss.
It says somewhere in the internet, guys going bald in funny patterns can benefit from it. :D

dom14
16th August 2016, 01:28 AM
Sure looks like aloe Vera great plant to have in your garden excellent for burns and cuts

Damn!!!

Can you believe I almost threw it to the green bin thinking it's an invasive, bad, ugly, thorny lily plant???!!

I have another lily type plant that's been spreading like hell that I've got rid of(most of it), but kept one bush in case.

I'm opening up another thread tomorrow, hopefully you guys can guide me whether it's actually an invasive weed or something good.

thanx
Cheers
Dom

dom14
16th August 2016, 01:31 AM
Is there a way I can get more plants out of these two Aloe Vera plants?

thanx guys

taslucas
16th August 2016, 08:09 AM
http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/aloe-vera/aloe-plant-propagation.htm

>>>tappin from tassie

zaheerkhan
27th December 2021, 07:27 PM
It's good for skin, hair, and acne. You do not need to grind it. You have to peel it and use the gel inside.

growler2058
28th December 2021, 06:28 AM
It's good for skin, hair, and acne. You do not need to grind it. You have to peel it and use the gel inside.
Ya found this post in the gloomy depths of the forum!

Cremulator
28th December 2021, 07:06 AM
Ya found this post in the gloomy depths of the forum!Join for the Patrols, post for the healing benifits of backyard aloe vera! [emoji23]