PDA

View Full Version : 1967 Nissan Patrol

Bliss
13th August 2016, 09:21 AM
Hello everyone!
So my father has just passed down a 1967 Nissan Patrol to me that we have been working on since i was 8. New engine has under 40 k miles on it we took out the generator and put in an altinator and re wired everything. Now it has been 10 years since i have seen her until yesterday. this is what i am seeing thus far.
New battery
drain lines
tune up
oil change
check the carb.

now i have been struggling to find the correct battery, per my father it has been running on a 51 series 6 volt. Does anyone have time to chat about this?
thank you so much i am so excited to have her back!

Clunk
13th August 2016, 09:49 AM
Welcome aboard mate, sorry can't help with the question but sounds like a great project. Would be good to see some progress photos though

Bliss
13th August 2016, 09:50 AM
i will post as i go. i hope to be up and running this weekend!

Touses
13th August 2016, 09:57 AM
I'm no help to you either Bliss but welcome to the forum!

TPC
13th August 2016, 12:57 PM
Maybe katwoman & Stevo would know.

threedogs
13th August 2016, 02:31 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum jump in anytime and enjoy

Dhuck
13th August 2016, 06:24 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

jack
13th August 2016, 07:49 PM
Welcome Bliss, not everyone reads the Introductions thread. Sorry can't help with your issue but car sounds interesting. Recommend you start a new thread in the mechanical or electrical section and you're certain to get some more responses to you questions.

Gun517
13th August 2016, 09:21 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

MudRunnerTD
14th August 2016, 01:52 AM
gday mate and welcome here. Some pics would be great.

katwoman might be able to help you, her partner Steve lives and breathes the early ones.

katwoman
14th August 2016, 07:27 AM
Welcome mate. Not sure of your issue as I didn't think they come out with 6 volt. Where are you located ? You are welcome to PM me and I'll pass on my hubbys No To help you out.
Also try this forum.....
http://60patrol.com/forum/index.php

4bye4
14th August 2016, 11:38 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate.

moonman12
14th August 2016, 11:46 AM
g'day mate and welcome aboard

threedogs
14th August 2016, 01:38 PM
Hello everyone!
So my father has just passed down a 1967 Nissan Patrol to me that we have been working on since i was 8. New engine has under 40 k miles on it we took out the generator and put in an altinator and re wired everything. Now it has been 10 years since i have seen her until yesterday. this is what i am seeing thus far.
New battery
drain lines
tune up
oil change
check the carb.

now i have been struggling to find the correct battery, per my father it has been running on a 51 series 6 volt. Does anyone have time to chat about this?
thank you so much i am so excited to have her back!

I would suggest you go talk to a battery place and see what they recommend.
Dont forget to start a build thread in Members rides so you/we can check your progress