PDA

View Full Version : Intro

SouthPaw
7th August 2016, 02:28 PM
Hi all,

This site is awsome, just bought myself a GU Patrol 3.0L 2011. I've never had a 4x4 before however my last car was a VW van turbo diesel so i'm looking forward to remaining with a reliable diesel engine ;) As a rookie I probably won't be going all out 4x4 until i've gone with a few mates, for now it'll be mostly camping trips with the missus.

I'm pretty good at lurking and using the search function so probably won't be asking too many stupid questions, if any.. seems like a good community here, have a nice day.

4bye4
7th August 2016, 02:44 PM
G'day mate and welcome. If you are a rookie best thing us to join a local club. Plenty of experienced company and help if you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

threedogs
7th August 2016, 02:45 PM
Hi mate and welcome 4x4ing can be very rewarding, can I suggest you join a club and do a 4x4 course
for yourself and your wife.
As a rookie first rule is NEVER USE A TOWBALL AS A POINT FOR RECOVERIES EVER
Start a build thread so you can keep tabs on what you do, we love pics here so feel free to post some here
Ask anything you want and most of all enjoy

Dhuck
7th August 2016, 03:46 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
7th August 2016, 06:07 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

growler2058
7th August 2016, 07:12 PM
Welcome aboard mate

the godfather
7th August 2016, 07:40 PM
Welcome aboard SouthPaw. I am in Perth as well. Happy to do some Rookie runs if you want. What area are you in?
Oh an maybe post a pic of your rig.

SouthPaw
7th August 2016, 09:20 PM
To the godfather, I am in Midland at the moment.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I think it's good advice to do a 4x4 course so will look into it. Yep, the rig is stock standard atm but will definately be modified over time, I'll make build page for sure :smile:

Clunk
9th August 2016, 10:59 PM
g'day mate and welcome aboard