PDA

View Full Version : Flat remote.....again.

AD07
5th August 2016, 07:22 PM
Just wondering if there is a fix for new batteries going flat in the Central locking remote??

Ive had the car for about a year and all was fine with the remote until a few weeks ago when it stopped working. I replaced the battery and its flat again within a week....

Ive seen it mentioned on a few Forums, but haven't seen a fix for it.

I just want to know if its a trip to Nissan for a new remote and a reprogram?????

Any help or info appreciated..

Ad

happygu
5th August 2016, 07:46 PM
I would check to make sure that the battery is touching the contacts in the remote properly, and that the contacts are clean and have enough tension. Check the battery voltage and see if it actually is low.

I would also try a second battery, and check it for the correct voltage with a multimeter before you install it, and see if it does the same.

Then you will definitely know what to do next.

mudski
5th August 2016, 08:02 PM
Yeah very common issue with the OEM remotes. I ended up ditching mine and installing an aftermarket kit for around $90, about two years ago, and the battery has just started to go a bit flat now.

Cuppa
6th August 2016, 09:11 AM
I guess I must be a luddite, have never had a vehicle with central locking & can’t say that it’s something I’ve ever felt I needed. Just something else to go wrong.
Whenever any ST /Ti model owners have an issue that us ‘belts & braces’ DX owners ‘miss out on’, I have a smug little smile to myself ......... but then I recollect how much quieter those models are to ride in compared to mine - one day I’ll have to ‘upgrade to sound insulation to a standard that many of you take for granted.

threedogs
6th August 2016, 03:21 PM
are you 100% sure it a flat battery AD07

Clunk
6th August 2016, 06:02 PM
are you 100% sure it a flat battery @AD07 (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/member.php?u=38558)

well it's either that or the MAF sensor

barend.dewaal
6th August 2016, 06:06 PM
Might be a faulty button on the remote making permanent contact?

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

Bush Ranger
6th August 2016, 08:10 PM
I have the same problem with mine, Nissan are expensive to replace and it is cheaper to use a mobile lock smith that does vehicle remotes. Roughly $250 each from memory.

mudski
6th August 2016, 09:58 PM
well it's either that or the MAF sensor
Bahahahha! Or the belt tensioner...

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

AD07
8th August 2016, 08:15 AM
are you 100% sure it a flat battery AD07

Pretty sure mate....I just assumed as the remote got worse over the last few weeks, then stopped . I replaced the battery , then all was good.....for a while.

BillsGU
8th August 2016, 09:10 AM
Try another battery. They can be faulty or sometimes they have been sitting on the shelf for a while. Get one from a shop that has a high turn over of batteries to make sure you get a fresh one.

threedogs
8th August 2016, 09:31 AM
the battery will have a date stamp on on the packaging

palmdeira
2nd November 2016, 09:36 AM
I have the same problem. 2 batteries in as many weeks. I want to know it's not a problem on the car end before shelling out for a new remote. Any ideas?

AD07
4th November 2016, 10:01 AM
I have the same problem. 2 batteries in as many weeks. I want to know it's not a problem on the car end before shelling out for a new remote. Any ideas?

I just got a new remote from ebay...
Problem solved.

mudski
4th November 2016, 10:48 AM
I just got a new remote from ebay...
Problem solved.

Until that one dies.... Lol.

palmdeira
7th November 2016, 02:29 PM
damn batteries!