PDA

View Full Version : Which Tie Bar and Drag Link?

JME_GU
5th August 2016, 06:16 PM
So I recently replaced the front wheel bearings and changed the brake disks and pads. While I was down there I noticed there was play in one of the tie rod ends, I figured that if I was going to replace a tie rod end I might as well get a new tie bar and maybe drag link as they come with new tie rod ends. So the question is, which one? Do I really need the solid steel version or will heavy duty do the job?

mudski
5th August 2016, 06:47 PM
Get the best you can afford mate. Some of the heavy bars i have seen in shops like RooDogs are pretty beefy....
I bought the superior 4340 solid comp spec bars for mine. Bloody heavy and no worry about bending one of these. If i do though, i dare say there will be damage elsewhere too. Lol.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

sooty_10
5th August 2016, 08:03 PM
Get the best you can afford mate. Some of the heavy bars i have seen in shops like RooDogs are pretty beefy....
I bought the superior 4340 solid comp spec bars for mine. Bloody heavy and no worry about bending one of these. If i do though, i dare say there will be damage elsewhere too. Lol.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk
I have the superior comp spec as well. Quality solid bar. The other heavy duty bars seem to do the job, although there is a thread floating around on other forum in regards to roadsafe rod end failure. So as Mudski said buy the best you can afford.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Bush Ranger
6th August 2016, 08:17 PM
Same as what the other two replies have stated.