PDA

View Full Version : RB30 GQ limiter

Throbbinhood
3rd August 2016, 12:24 PM
Hey guys, suddenly my gq seems to be hitting a limit around 4500rpm. Pretty sure it used to be higher than this. Anyone know what the stock limit is?

I'm guess the springs on the rotor button have worn and that's why it's coming down. Rotor button is only 2 years old. Anyone know if I can get replacement springs or fix these ones?

taslucas
3rd August 2016, 01:07 PM
Are you able to borrow another rotor button to rule that out?

>>>tappin from tassie

Throbbinhood
3rd August 2016, 01:46 PM
Nah, but I can probably remove the springs and find out. Definitely feels like limiter, pulls hard until then.

taslucas
3rd August 2016, 04:39 PM
Could it be starving of fuel

>>>tappin from tassie

Throbbinhood
3rd August 2016, 05:18 PM
Honestly, I don't think so. Filter is new, secondary's are working etc. It does it in every gear, including neutral, which makes me think limiter. If it was starving of fuel, I'd think it'd be more noticeable with more load/higher gears.

taslucas
3rd August 2016, 05:27 PM
I had a quick eBay look and it appears the rotor buttons are only around $20? Cheap enough to try and if it's not the problem then I guess you have a spare.

>>>tappin from tassie

taslucas
3rd August 2016, 05:28 PM
Also I've heard that those carbys have a small mesh filter that can be over looked

>>>tappin from tassie

dom14
3rd August 2016, 08:50 PM
Also I've heard that those carbys have a small mesh filter that can be over looked

>>>tappin from tassie

Yes, that's gauze filter at the fuel entry to the carby float chamber from outside.
In mine, it always looked clean, but mine is dual fuel and doesn't run on petrol much.

dom14
3rd August 2016, 08:52 PM
Hey guys, suddenly my gq seems to be hitting a limit around 4500rpm. Pretty sure it used to be higher than this. Anyone know what the stock limit is?

I'm guess the springs on the rotor button have worn and that's why it's coming down. Rotor button is only 2 years old. Anyone know if I can get replacement springs or fix these ones?

I doubt it's the rotor button.
Is the above rev limit same with no load revving?

Throbbinhood
4th August 2016, 12:18 PM
Yep, same in neutral dom14

dom14
4th August 2016, 02:21 PM
Yep, same in neutral dom14

Check the carby float level while revving that high.