PDA

View Full Version : The olympic thread

threedogs
2nd August 2016, 01:02 PM
Love my sport and the games hopefully will show case the best of the best.
Usain Bolt may still be a starter, even at 80% thats a 9.8sec 10 mtrs lol.
Where will we Aust medal maybe some swimming events,,, Kyaks,, shooting
Equestrian maybe,,, yatching,,50k walk and lets wait and see ..
Im looking forward to it despite all the problems lol

10G
3rd August 2016, 01:12 PM
Have I just not been paying attention, but have these Olympics been just about unheard of? You normally see all sorts of stuff in the news, but this time around, promotion and news items seem to have been few & far between.

It's almost like they've been so darn busy trying to complete all the building and cleaning, that they've forgotten to advertise it.

Ben-e-boy
3rd August 2016, 01:52 PM
My cousin is competing in the shotput

threedogs
3rd August 2016, 01:55 PM

Hope he does well Ben, will be looking out for him for sure

its a forgotten sport when compared to swimming

threedogs
7th August 2016, 12:08 PM
First Gold to Mack Horton in the 400 freestyle Great race
Also a bronze in the team Archery Oi Oi Oi

NissanGQ4.2
7th August 2016, 12:20 PM
Boring......... why do all the boring sports only make it 2 the Olympics?

Turn dirtbikes, 4wd's rallycars, V8's into an Olympic sport then it would be worth watching

threedogs
7th August 2016, 12:27 PM
Boring......... why do all the boring sports only make it 2 the Olympics?

Turn dirtbikes, 4wd's rallycars, V8's into an Olympic sport then it would be worth watching

Must admit I feel the same with these games there is no Hype about them.
Dont worry all those sports events you mentioned will be admitted to the Olympics
Like stupid sports if you could call it that Parcor or what ever they call it, stupid sport stupid.
what about some log cutting etc lol

threedogs
7th August 2016, 01:03 PM
Chalk up another gold in the womens 4 x 100 freestyle relay
in world record time of 3.30.65
The Yanks came in 2nd lol

the evil twin
7th August 2016, 01:04 PM
What the Hell is that absolute rubbish 'Synchronised Swimming' about and how on earth is it an Olympic class sport.
I mean, fair dinkum, even typing the words almost made me chuck.
Should be replaced by Abalone Diving or Croc Wrestling

My other pet hate at Olympic level are Golf and Tennis et al can have professional athletes and Boxing, Wrestling et al cannot.
Mainstream Sport professional competitors would rather win a Major Title than a Gold any day, the entry list names prove it.

But as long as we beat the Yanks in the Pool and Poms anywhere else I'm good with the concept

DX grunt
7th August 2016, 01:19 PM
Golf and Tennis et al can have professional athletes and Boxing, Wrestling et al cannot.

I was only talking about that this morning.

I thought the Olympics was for 'amateurs' (no disrespect, of course), not, 'professionals' (no disrespect of course)

4bye4
7th August 2016, 01:21 PM
If interviewing co interviewers from you own country about previous olympics was a sport we would win gold gold gold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

threedogs
7th August 2016, 01:30 PM
I was only talking about that this morning.

I thought the Olympics was for 'amateurs' (no disrespect, of course), not, 'professionals' (no disrespect of course)

Many an athelete has had his medal taken for EG receiving a 500 pound payment for endorsing a certain product.

threedogs
17th August 2016, 02:24 PM
Hasnt quite gone to plan as some would want but thats competion at the highest level.
Pic is of a Georgian athlete lifting a staggering 258KG hard to imagine it eh 258 kg.
Took the pick today while waiting to pick up the MOF from work lol

mudski
17th August 2016, 08:03 PM
Just seen on telly that the olypmians have free Maccas on site in Rio. They have eaten so much Maccas have had to put a 20 item limit per day on each person.
Great to see they are eating right atleast. Lol.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

jay see
17th August 2016, 09:00 PM
Just seen on telly that the olypmians have free Maccas on site in Rio. They have eaten so much Maccas have had to put a 20 item limit per day on each person.

Like they've never seen maccas before. What a disgrace...

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Clunk
17th August 2016, 09:10 PM

Maybe they're grabbing them to give to the needy

Lord Tim
18th August 2016, 03:01 AM
I might get accused of being a chap that lives under bridges
but......

do we talk about medal tables

jack
18th August 2016, 05:02 AM
but......

Haha, not at the moment. And not cricket either.

mudski
18th August 2016, 09:06 AM
but......

Go ahead. I don't even know where we stand on the tally. I haven't watch one bit of the 'limpics. Not real interested in it this time. I take it the UK are above Australia...

Sprock
18th August 2016, 09:14 AM
What are these 'Olympics' you speak of ? •puts head back in the sand•

Clunk
18th August 2016, 09:44 AM
Go ahead. I don't even know where we stand on the tally. I haven't watch one bit of the 'limpics. Not real interested in it this time. I take it the UK are above Australia...
Considering the "experts" were saying thay Australia should get 4th on the standings......

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/08/230.jpg

10G
18th August 2016, 10:21 AM
Everyone seems to be complaining about how their athletes have underperformed, I bet that makes the athletes feel good.

I wonder how long it is before they have events for something to do with Facebook, Instagram and some of those other time consuming modern day sports? It'd be great, you could watch the Limpics on Snapchat!

Plasnart
18th August 2016, 10:45 AM
Watched some equestrian last night. What an exquisite display of equine tail plaiting.

threedogs
18th August 2016, 12:29 PM
After BMX I think marbles should be in the 2020 games I was pretty good ,,,,remember the plastic sandles lol

Bacho86
18th August 2016, 01:03 PM
Does anyone know what time channel 7 will show a reply of the boomers win against Lithuania ? Missed it last night

threedogs
18th August 2016, 02:12 PM
No but Serbia and Aust are playing saturday morning from what I saw

happygu
18th August 2016, 02:14 PM
Does anyone know what time channel 7 will show a reply of the boomers win against Lithuania ? Missed it last night

Don't know about the replay but i think it will definitely be shown again, as it was spectacular to watch ( if you are an Aussie and not Lithuanian ;) )

If you get the chance to view it, it is prime viewing

mudski
18th August 2016, 03:34 PM
Everyone seems to be complaining about how their athletes have underperformed, I bet that makes the athletes feel good.

I wonder how long it is before they have events for something to do with Facebook, Instagram and some of those other time consuming modern day sports? It'd be great, you could watch the Limpics on Snapchat!

Whats snapchat? I have only just gotten onto Facebook. Not that I've used it, or know how too. Lol.

Watched some equestrian last night. What an exquisite display of equine tail plaiting.

Lol. Were to sipping a shandy whilst observing the equine display?

NissanGQ4.2
18th August 2016, 03:40 PM
Is it over yet????????????? Home and away was more interesting 2 watch.............. have 2 spend my afternoon and evenings watching the grass grow in the backyard

threedogs
18th August 2016, 03:53 PM
Is it over yet????????????? Home and away was more interesting 2 watch.............. have 2 spend my afternoon and evenings watching the grass grow in the backyard

IMHO I think the whole cast of H&A should be on that plane

Bacho86
18th August 2016, 03:54 PM
Don't know about the replay but i think it will definitely be shown again, as it was spectacular to watch ( if you are an Aussie and not Lithuanian ;) )

If you get the chance to view it, it is prime viewing

Definitely hoping they replay it then!!

Plasnart
18th August 2016, 05:07 PM
Whats snapchat? I have only just gotten onto Facebook. Not that I've used it, or know how too. Lol.

Lol. Were to sipping a shandy whilst observing the equine display?

Oh my good man it was simply devine! And those top hats and blazers, such exemplary millinery and tailoring skills on show to the world!

Ben-e-boy
19th August 2016, 02:09 AM

He has made it to the finals :D. They're on tomorrow at 0930

Clunk
19th August 2016, 09:51 AM

Not me, I think all the athletes have done extremely well to get where they are and achieved what they've achieved.... and we should all be patting them on the back.

threedogs
19th August 2016, 09:59 AM

Is your cousin Birkenhead ? I think he qualified for the finals
They are on now Friday morning

taslucas
19th August 2016, 12:52 PM
How cool would it be to have Olympic motorsports!? We could spend millions on an A.I.D (Australian institute of driving). Although we might find it hard to have an Australian vehicle manufacturer these days..

>>>tappin from tassie

threedogs
19th August 2016, 04:23 PM
Ben-e-boy seems your cousin is 7th best in the world no mean feat.
The Yank that won threw 22.22mtr hard act to follow , Cuz threw 19.45
I think. Can hold his head high

Ben-e-boy
19th August 2016, 07:00 PM
Ben-e-boy seems your cousin is 7th best in the world no mean feat.
The Yank that won threw 22.22mtr hard act to follow , Cuz threw 19.45
I think. Can hold his head high

20.45 was his best. His pb is 21.21 I think