PDA

View Full Version : Rear Door Table

Chubba
31st July 2016, 06:05 PM
Put this in the other day and must say I'm bloody happy with it. My brother Pat found it on eBay under caravan accessories and being the top bloke that he is, bought me one too. Made to fit to the outside of a van but fits perfectly on the barn door. Has it's own light as well $174

It's a stainless steel table top but I've left the film on.

Just needed a slight modification at the bottom for clearance when the door is closed.
Over all a neat tidy mod to the car.

Had one small problem fitting it though. One of the drill holes for the screws went straight into the wiper motor. Didn't find out for a couple of days when it rained and the wiper didn't work. Thinking bloody what now, I had a flash and realised what I had done. Unbelievably though I just pulled the screw out and it worked again.

Bigcol
31st July 2016, 11:24 PM
that looks nice as mate

Arfa Brayne
1st August 2016, 12:21 AM
Very nice indeed.
Was planning on making one form Alupanel, but your's is schmik.
Do you have a link or address for the one you got ?

Chubba
1st August 2016, 07:25 AM
I don't know the link mate but this looks like the table but the price doesn't look right. Pat told me $174 so just keep hunting around. Maybe Pats more generous that he's letting on...... I'll ask him today.

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/WHITE-Ranger-LED-Folding-Picnic-Table-Caravan-New-Accessories-Motorhome-RV-/182165568621?nav=SEARCH

Hold the phone!!!!! I think I've found it.....

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/201634791692

bazzaboy
1st August 2016, 07:54 AM
Nice unit. Could you please give me the OD measurements?

bazzaboy
1st August 2016, 08:11 AM
Guys,
If you search Ebay for "Caravan Picnic Table BLACK" you will find this unit. Would be nice if they stated the OD size & thickness.

Chubba
1st August 2016, 10:09 AM
Nice unit. Could you please give me the OD measurements?

This is from the site.

Specifications:

Dimension(mm): 800 x 450 x 25
Weight: 5kg
Capacity: 30 KG
Only available in white
Easy to use keyless double slide opening mechanism
easy to clean internal stainless steel surface

Rumcajs
1st August 2016, 06:22 PM
Nice find, I wish there was one around when I was doing mine. I found this tosser on Facewaste who wanted $400 for SS table and rear door splash guard/trim.

I do like included LED lights.

While mine was certainly cheaper to make it isn't perfect either so sometime professionaly made things with reasonable price tag are worth the $$$ and not the backyarder hassles.

Cheers

mudski
1st August 2016, 08:57 PM
Thats real neat. Best is that they are close to me. :clapping: Worst is that it may be a little too thick and might hit my drawers.... :(

bazzaboy
3rd August 2016, 12:32 PM
It's such a great idea, you've convinced me to do the same. Just ordered a black one. It looks like it's fitted with a tube light, if so, I may change it to an LED strip. Does the light have a switch?
When you trimmed the bottom of it, did you do just the RHS edge to clear the raised door opening plastic trim, or the full bottom edge?

threedogs
3rd August 2016, 02:06 PM
Thats real neat. Best is that they are close to me. :clapping: Worst is that it may be a little too thick and might hit my drawers.... :(

Its only 25mm when folded,,,,, at a guess Id say it fits,,
no-one has drawers that close to the rear doors,,,,,,do they

bazzaboy
3rd August 2016, 05:15 PM

I measured mine and it's 35mm clearance. If your drawers are located on the floor as close as possible to the rear doors, I think about 35mm is the norm in GU's. One thing you need to check is the thickness of any draw handles you may have. That could be an issue for some if you have a draw on the RHS.

Chubba
3rd August 2016, 06:47 PM
It's such a great idea, you've convinced me to do the same. Just ordered a black one. It looks like it's fitted with a tube light, if so, I may change it to an LED strip. Does the light have a switch?
When you trimmed the bottom of it, did you do just the RHS edge to clear the raised door opening plastic trim, or the full bottom edge?

Ok bazzaboy here we go.
1. The lights are LEDs
2. The light dose have a switch on the right hand inside edge.

3. I needed to take 20mm off of the bottom edge plus the far left end of the bottom from the left edge 75mm in, a further 15mm. So 75mm from the left in I took off 35mm and the rest of the bottom only 20mm to fit the mouldings in my car. Now I don't know but I would say there may well be slight differences in some models so you would have to measure and double check yours. Hope I've explained that well enough mate.

mudski
3rd August 2016, 09:31 PM

Yeah 25mm, it wont fit. The top edge of the drawers will touch.