PDA

View Full Version : Nissan ZD30 from Tanzania, East Africa

Saleem Haji
29th July 2016, 10:54 AM
Hello All, am new to the forum and new to the Diesel 4x4 scene and really need some help! I just recently bought a Nissan 2001 model ZD30 manual, African Spec with 110,000kms on it approx 12 months ago. An absolutely fantastic car with amazing off road capabilities. The previous owner just changed the turbo 5000kms ago, for what reason I dont know, however i am having some trouble with the car lately. The maf sensor has blown twice in an year, the intercooler always has oil in it, so i clean it every ,month which is every 1000kms. I blocked off the eg. Another issue is that when driving around normally in town its fine, the moment I go off road or on a long safari, the car suffers, loss of power, feels very sluggish, turbo kicks in very late, very little boost and at a constant speed of 140kph the tempreture shoots up. What could be the issue or issues? Is the engine weak? Faulty sensors? I am also looking to upgrade in terms of more power buy getting a bigger intercooler etc, need help with what to go for and what to upgrade. Any helpwould be highly appeciated. I only use Millers nanotech oil. Thank you all very much!

threedogs
29th July 2016, 11:00 AM
Hi mate first youll need to post an intro just something the forum asks of us all.

As for your problem I think you have no boost if the IC is oily its leaking they all do.
You'll need to either buy a fully tigged IC about $350 AUS or find someone to tig weld
your stock one.
Have a google about "Chaz Yellowfoot" about these ZD30 motors it will help you
understand them better
IMO I dont think a bigger IC will acheive much more than a tigged after market unit
Its money that could be spent elsewhere

4bye4
29th July 2016, 12:00 PM
G'day mate and welcome. Ditto on what TD said about an intro. I am just wondering if, as you say a new turbo has been fitted, they have fitted the correct one. If the turbo is the wrong one the airflow rates, boost pressures and all sorts of things would not match up and the engine management system would not be able to operate correctly. I may be wrong here, see what others have to offer.