PDA

View Full Version : Wiring fro engine bay to cabin

Jimbo-AU
25th July 2016, 11:25 PM
Hi can anyone share or tell me the best way or spot to route wiring from the engine bay though the firewall to the cabin just wanted to run some wiring for gauges etc cheers

mjr350
26th July 2016, 12:19 AM
I run mine through the big grommet on the passenger side of the firewall. Just made a slit and poked through

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

shakey55
26th July 2016, 06:36 AM
I did the same as mjr350 without a problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

threedogs
26th July 2016, 12:00 PM
X 3 easy enough to do with a coat hanger lol

Jimbo-AU
26th July 2016, 10:49 PM
Lol thanks for the replies you know I was so fixated on getting wiring through the drivers side thinking it would be more direct I must have not looked at the passenger side hard enough ... Cheers for the replies :)

gubigfish
27th July 2016, 12:07 AM
If you can't find a grommet drill buy some from SCA/Repco etc and drill the appropriate hole to suit, or just use the big one on the passenger side. Theres also a smaller one on the passenger side which I have used to poke the wires from my EGT gauge through.

GeeYou8
27th July 2016, 08:19 AM
I put some mastic putty around the grommet entry mine on the GU2, also put a drip loop in to stop water running down the wires. There is a removable plate that I assume covers up the hole for a redundant throttle cable on the drivers side of the GU8, I have drilled it and fitted a cable gland.
Graham