PDA

View Full Version : GQ 2.8 Differential lock trouble

kroggy
24th July 2016, 11:03 PM
I´m trying to figure out why my difflock won't engage. So far I have replaced the solenoid, the actuator (full overhaul of rear axle) and some parts of the vacuum tubing, and
I get the correct voltage on the solenoid. I´m a bit confused why it does not work.... Do some of you have any suggestion for the next move?

BigRAWesty
25th July 2016, 07:00 PM
Ensure you have a good vacume at the diff with switch flicked on..

Easy to check.
With engine running and lokka flicked on pull the vac line off your diff and you should hear it suck in..
Try capping with your finger.. there should be a noticeable draw on it..

Are your clutch and breaks easy to depress?

kroggy
25th July 2016, 11:00 PM
Brakes and clutch are easy to depress. I do get vacuum on the diff, but it isn´t very good. Next step will be check for obstructions in the vacuum line.

BigRAWesty
26th July 2016, 01:27 AM
Brakes and clutch are easy to depress. I do get vacuum on the diff, but it isn´t very good. Next step will be check for obstructions in the vacuum line.
Easy way to check..
Pull the hose off the brake booster and feel the vacume. Then check the lokka..
If well sort you have leaks..
If similar force then start digging..

Fox7
13th September 2016, 04:53 PM
Hi,
Mine factory diff lock wasn't working. I first checked actuator by giving compressed air, while one rear wheel is off the ground and gear in neutral. Actuator has two ports : engage and disengage. It worked fine.

Then I found vacuum tubes along the chassis is blocked/ partially clogged because of nicked rubber hoses sucked dirt. Then Diff lock solenoids were sticking.
Replaced tubing with copper tubing and with new rubber hoses. Replaced solenoids.
Now Diff lock is functional.