PDA

View Full Version : Front end, intermitent vibrations 2005 3L GU

hutchsky
20th July 2016, 05:46 PM
Hi, I have an intermittent vibration coming from my front kerbside front wheel/engine area, could be coming from the motor, but seems to vibrate, going around corners and on full lock at a stand still, its ok for a while then returns. I did think at one stage it was the plastic intercooler cover, have tighten down in that area, Have had it checked and my service people and the RACWA could not find any thing wrong? any ideas

threedogs
20th July 2016, 05:56 PM
Id be checking to see if your wheel bearings are tight.
Jack up the offending wheel grab top and bottom and feel for any play.
It may just need nipping up
Can you feel it through the steering wheel and brake pedal???

hutchsky
20th July 2016, 09:31 PM
Both wheel bearing Ok first thing I did, new seals and replaced wheel bearings, nothing felt through the steering wheel

the evil twin
20th July 2016, 10:38 PM
... if it is vibrating at "full lock at a standstill" I would suspect the Power Steering Pump/System

mudski
20th July 2016, 10:44 PM
^^^^^
What nuff nuff said....

Check to see if theirs fluid and what colour.

the evil twin
21st July 2016, 10:23 AM
nuff nuff?
nuff nuff!
nuff nuff indeed... careful or I'll sneak over and pull the pin on that Grenade :icon_bonk:

aaand... I have never, ever barracked for Collingwood either

mudski
21st July 2016, 10:53 AM
nuff nuff?
nuff nuff!
nuff nuff indeed... careful or I'll sneak over and pull the pin on that Grenade :icon_bonk:

No grande' in my Patrol mate. Long gone....

aaand... I have never, ever barracked for Collingwood either

Thats right. You have all your teeth don't you. Hehe!

the evil twin
21st July 2016, 06:58 PM
ROFL... just spotted this in the "Urban Dikonary"

Nuff Nuff (n)
A word used to describe a toothless deroish dole bludging collingwood scum that have no brain what so ever and scream jibberish crap at the football that is totally pointless.
Nuff nuffs are mainly found under rocks, in gutters, pubs, outside the g and at centerlink, you can usually spot nuff nuffs wearing pyjamas and moccies.
Kevin Sheedy

BigRAWesty
21st July 2016, 08:32 PM
ROFL... just spotted this in the "Urban Dikonary"

Nuff Nuff (n)
A word used to describe a toothless deroish dole bludging collingwood scum that have no brain what so ever and scream jibberish crap at the football that is totally pointless.
Nuff nuffs are mainly found under rocks, in gutters, pubs, outside the g and at centerlink, you can usually spot nuff nuffs wearing pyjamas and moccies.
Kevin Sheedy
Bahahaha.. yet so true....

Anywho..

Are engine mounts and body mounts in good order??

hutchsky
22nd July 2016, 11:11 PM
All ok in that area have had the bearings/seals changed and rechecked resent times, the vibs come in at slow speed, I feel its in the steering, nothing in the foot brake area, going for a check up and service on Tuesday, hope to find something thanks hutchsky

the evil twin
23rd July 2016, 12:39 PM
... "at slow speed" makes it even more likely it is related to the power steering methinks

hutchsky
26th July 2016, 09:57 PM
Thanks everyone all fixed, spoke to Ultra Tune Rockingham WA who was servicing the Patrol, they had a good look around the kerb/side front wheel area, took out the spring and found the spring/mount rubber wasn't in place and causing metal contact, good work by the mechanic, just a small amount added to the bill.

hutchsky
29th July 2016, 12:23 AM
Look's like it was the rubber isolating pad, between the front l/h coil spring, it was damage and rubbing metal-metal at low revs it sent vibs to me behind the wheel, might need to overhaul the front springs/ rubbers etc. thanks for all your help. Hutchsky.

Stropp
29th July 2016, 11:59 AM
All ok in that area have had the bearings/seals changed and rechecked resent times, the vibs come in at slow speed, I feel its in the steering, nothing in the foot brake area, going for a check up and service on Tuesday, hope to find something thanks hutchsky

if you need the wheels balanced check out perth city tyres, he does an awesome job and has the best balancing gear on his truck