PDA

View Full Version : Catch Can Recommendations

10G
18th July 2016, 05:24 PM
Finally getting around to fitting a catch can, but which one?

I was a bit shocked when I first looked at prices I must admit, so I'm after some recommendations.

Something that is easy to check, clean & remove/empty would be great, also something in kit form so I can just bolt it into my 2013 GU so I don't have to fab anything up or go shopping for bits & pieces would also be great.

Thanks for any help.

4bye4
18th July 2016, 05:38 PM
Some will cut this to pieces, but I fitted a SCA cheepie about $60-00, and stuffed it with stainless steel wool. Works just great. The only thing is remove the top, which you will do when putting stainless steel wool in it and seal it with sicaflex when your putting it back together. Also sicaflex the threads on the hose fittings and drain plug as the thread seal and gaskets are crap.

10G
19th July 2016, 10:56 AM
Thanks 4bye4.
I've wondered why some catch cans cost around $60 and others several hundred????

dom14
19th July 2016, 02:12 PM
Thanks 4bye4.
I've wondered why some catch cans cost around $60 and others several hundred????

Yeah, usually Provent ones are dear. I guess the stainless steel housing, and other better workmanship etc demands more money for them. It's like oil filters. You can buy a standard RYCO one under ten bucks or you can spend $50 getting a fancier one with magnets and better filtering inside.
Personally, I think el cheapos are good if you're ok with modifying some of them for your particular needs, as 4BYE4 posted above.
There're heaps of them on fleabay, or in places like super chip auto, autobarn, etc, or if you have time and space, you can fabricate your own one, which is the way I usually do when possible.