PDA

View Full Version : Recreational Rego For Off Road Motorbikes NSW - Petition

NissanGQ4.2
13th July 2016, 08:01 PM
Please sign this petition, its long over due. Although I think it should cover four wheel drives as well, dirt bikes would be a great start

https://www.change.org/p/state-parliment-recreational-rego-for-off-road-motorbike-nsw

mudski
13th July 2016, 08:16 PM
Surprised you dont have it. We've had in vic for atleast 15 years. Best thing for dirt bikes.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

NissanGQ4.2
13th July 2016, 08:20 PM
Surprised you dont have it. We've had in vic for atleast 15 years. Best thing for dirt bikes.

We have Rec rego for bikes and quads but its only for Stockton Beach ( Newcastle ) I believe.

I'll post up a link 2 our regs later after I find them.

Yeh and NSW is about 40 years behind every other state and everything also costs double

NissanGQ4.2
13th July 2016, 08:27 PM
All our conditional rego can be found here

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/registration/get-nsw-registration/vehicle-sheets/index.html

But this is the one for recreational vehicles

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/registration/get-nsw-registration/vehicle-sheets/recreation-vehicle.html

MudRunnerTD
13th July 2016, 08:28 PM

There is a similar petition running in Vic for Rec Reg for kids bikes when riding with a supervising adult! It's a disgrace that it's not already law!!!

Hodge
13th July 2016, 08:30 PM
Soon we'll need Rec reg for 4x4's to drive through Mansfield.

Sorry, couldn't help my self.

mudski
13th July 2016, 08:32 PM
There is a similar petition running in Vic for Rec Reg for kids bikes when riding with a supervising adult! It's a disgrace that it's not already law!!!
Yeah well that i can sort of understand. Rec reg includes tac insurance, which i had to use twice lol. I can imagine how many insurance claims would be going through if kids could get rec reg. It would only mean our full reg would go up even more.

NissanGQ4.2
13th July 2016, 08:33 PM
Soon we'll need Rec reg for 4x4's to drive through Mansfield.

Sorry, couldn't help my self.

Rec rego will do you no good driving through Mansfield from what I hear off it. Probably would still get done riding a push bike through it by the sounds of that place.

MudRunnerTD
13th July 2016, 08:42 PM
Yeah well that i can sort of understand. Rec reg includes tac insurance, which i had to use twice lol. I can imagine how many insurance claims would be going through if kids could get rec reg. It would only mean our full reg would go up even more.

My understanding is you can't ride on Rec Reg to get to the bush, I couldn't ride my DRZ on rec Reg from Lara to Wombat to go for a ride in the bush.

As it stands now if I want my kids to learn to ride under my guidance I have to find a Private Property only. Good luck with that. If I choose to take them into the State Forest to ride a KX80 around with me they could be stopped and face fines and charges for Unlicensed Riding, Unregistered vehicle, they may even face prosecution under the Hoon Laws on a bad day. That's a disgrace. These charges may impact their ability to gain the drivers license at 18.

Or I can wait until Zach is 17 and he can go and get his learners and ride a LAMS Approved 600cc bike in Peak Hour Traffic!

Let my kids ride their 80cc bikes in the State Forest legally under my Supervision.

NissanGQ4.2
13th July 2016, 09:08 PM
As it stands now if I want my kids to learn to ride under my guidance I have to find a Private Property only. Good luck with that. If I choose to take them into the State Forest to ride a KX80 around with me they could be stopped and face fines and charges for Unlicensed Riding, Unregistered vehicle, they may even face prosecution under the Hoon Laws on a bad day. That's a disgrace. These charges may impact their ability to gain the drivers license at 18.

Or I can wait until Zach is 17 and he can go and get his learners and ride a LAMS Approved 600cc bike in Peak Hour Traffic!

Let my kids ride their 80cc bikes in the State Forest legally under my Supervision.

Totally agree Daz, I would love both my kids to learn 2 ride and although there is a mini bike club not that far away I can't ride with them and I would prefer to take them out camping and a ride then just club meet ups

jay see
13th July 2016, 09:24 PM
I've had a 110cc quad for about 8 years. Where we normally go camping is pretty open and flat. I've had my kids and nieces and nephews ride with an adult , all pretty young at the tine. Once my kids were able to squeeze the brake and stop the bike I would let them ride by themselves, with the strictest of rules, as they gain confidence I would give them a little more.

I've got some videos of one if them playing in some ruts, learning how to position the body and throttle control. Will try to dig them up.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

mudski
13th July 2016, 09:26 PM
My understanding is you can't ride on Rec Reg to get to the bush, I couldn't ride my DRZ on rec Reg from Lara to Wombat to go for a ride in the bush.

Yes rec reg can only be used in non built up areas. Like Wombat. And cannot be used on road where there are any houses. I got booked in Myrtleford for riding a rec reg'd bike into town to get fuel. If I was two streets away, no houses I would have been fine.

I totally see your point Darren, but that will never happen due to TAC insurance. No one will insure a kid on a trail bike, even in the bush, if he hits a car, another rider or pedestrian. If they introduced a sort of licence for kids so they have some of the road skills still required, it may work, but yeah, mmm. I tried 20 years ago to get quad bikes rec reg'd. Petitions, letter etc etc. As long as a bike has a head light and a working stop tail light you can rec it. A lot of quads you can do the same, but it all fell on deaf ears.

jay see
13th July 2016, 09:28 PM
As far as I'm aware a quad can I be registered as a farm vehicle

mudski
13th July 2016, 09:44 PM
As far as I'm aware a quad can I be registered as a farm vehicle

Yeah thats been around for quite a while. Some of the tracks we used to ride would be real fun on a quad though.

Robo
14th July 2016, 12:54 PM
Good luck NSW is run by city dwelling so n so's.
who are willing to ban anything they can for the feeling of power.
and rubbish anything to cut costs, despite the human cost.

threedogs
17th July 2016, 05:56 PM
There are signs all over the place in Tallarook etc, stating rec reg is required