PDA

View Full Version : six stud trailer hubs

jman69
13th July 2016, 12:23 PM
just about to fit my trailer with six stud hubs. just wondering if the " Huntsman " brand hub is any good, or should i look at another brand?

mudski
13th July 2016, 12:32 PM
Any trailer shop will have the hubs. Our local nut and bolt place does. Lol. The brand of bearings supplied would be the biggest concern I think. Pity you dont want 5 stud. I have two sets here you could have.

4bye4
13th July 2016, 12:41 PM
As mudski says any trailer part shop should have them. Don't know that particular brand, I got mine from Martins trailer parts here in Perth. Make sure you get the correct bearings for your axel and make sure you get the correct offset for the wheels you are using. The set I got were for a tojo, but I was making anew axel anyway so was able to set it up for the GU wheels I was using.
edit:
Sorry that wasn't clear. I was removing Toyota 5 stud hubs and replacing them with Patrol 6 stud hubs. The axel had to be shortened 50mm because of the difference in the 5 stud offset and the 6 stud offset.

jman69
13th July 2016, 12:57 PM
thanks guys, i was aware of the offset thing. I am fitting G.U. 16'' steelies so they match the patrol. ( also interchangeable) Think i'll take her to the trailer shop so they can measure up and supply the correct units. Thanks again.

BigRAWesty
13th July 2016, 01:25 PM
I used huntsman for my 10" disc brake setup..
Bearings were good..
Not skf quality but good..
I'll be checking them soon though..
Nearly done 5000k on em..
I just got stubs though and made my own axle to suit the off set..
I've got a set of nissan alloys for it now so may have to change to nissan studs and nuts as they use and odd taper..

I also went a ford bearing, it's the biggest out of holden and ford and every trailer shop should stock it..

threedogs
13th July 2016, 01:56 PM
Most will be using either Holden or Ford bearings,
unless you want something with a bit more load bearing lol
Plus toyota 5 stud use a bigger stud than say Nissan

I just measured from where the rim bolts to the hub to the other side.
Gave the trailer place that measurement and they custom made my
axle like Kallen I went for 10" electric brakes as well.
Highly recommend a pair of bearing buddies to, cheap as chips
and worth their weight in gold