PDA

View Full Version : MAX TRAXs REPAIR STUDS

threedogs
12th July 2016, 02:39 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Maxtrax-Replacement-Teeth-Repair-Kit-8-replacement-studs-Fix-your-Maxtrax-/191895174879
Spied these stud repair kits for Max Traxs and similar, might come in handy up to a point

04OFF
12th July 2016, 05:14 PM
That's actually pretty cool 3D, i gave my max trax away because i only ever used them on other peoples stuck cars, and most people just don't get the whole "dont spin your wheels" thing, and so just wreck the teeth on the max trax.

Now i pull people out with the winch, so now i just have to stop them running over the winch rope (lol)

Mike02Ti
13th July 2016, 10:25 AM
I seen these too. My only concern was will they snap out and become a projectile if a wheel does spin on them.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Cuppa
13th July 2016, 10:30 AM
I seen these too. My only concern was will they snap out and become a projectile if a wheel does spin on them.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Perhaps, but as an alternative to buying new Maxtrax they look like they would be worth a try. However their cost is no easier to swallow than the price of Maxtrax. Both seem grossly over-priced to me for what they are.

threedogs
13th July 2016, 11:04 AM
Maybe they should of made a mould and pressed out some kind of plastic ones,
just to make it a bit more cost effective.

threedogs
13th July 2016, 02:54 PM
Cuppa do you think he [seller] had these made especially to suit the Max Trax or
do you think he saw a product used else where and thought Hey that will replace burnt teeth
on the Traxs

Gives me an idea much cheaper than that.
Do they only burn the end ones or the lot if mistreated

Cuppa
13th July 2016, 02:59 PM
I can’t imagine any other use for them.
It may be that production cost ‘justifies’ the price, but only viable because of the unreasonably high replacement cost of more Maxtrax plastic

Mike02Ti
13th July 2016, 05:48 PM
threedogs any of them can burn due to wheel spin no matter where they are on the board. In saying that the ramp ends and the first couple after them on top of the board are usually the ones to go first.

mudski
13th July 2016, 06:24 PM
Perhaps, but as an alternative to buying new Maxtrax they look like they would be worth a try. However their cost is no easier to swallow than the price of Maxtrax. Both seem grossly over-priced to me for what they are.

A packet of 6mm stainless bolts with a nut and two washers about 10mm or so long would surely do the trick wouldn't it?

Cuppa
13th July 2016, 06:50 PM
A packet of 6mm stainless bolts with a nut and two washers about 10mm or so long would surely do the trick wouldn't it?

I think I’d most certainly give that a try before shelling out $5+ per stud.

BigRAWesty
13th July 2016, 07:31 PM
That's a bloody good idea..

threedogs
14th July 2016, 12:53 PM

That was my thinking, and easy enough for anyone to do.
Id probably go 8mm but thats here nor there Tick lol