PDA

View Full Version : Billet td42 cranks

johno90
7th July 2016, 05:52 PM
Soooo guys...

Just for the laughs a sent a message to a chinese manufacturing mob to see if they would build me a billet td42 crank, turns out they have done it before..
There specs is 4340 Billet, the usual heat treatments etc and also nitrate coated, for $2200 delivered I'm curious just to buy one and see how it goes....
Any thoughts or has anyone heard of chinese mobs doing these now?

Spannerdriver
24th August 2016, 08:07 PM
Don't know about cranks but in the next few weeks I'll have some feedback for you about their rd28 heads

mudski
24th August 2016, 11:10 PM
And if the crank still snaps. Then what? While its tempting, I'd be inclined to buy something like this local because if something goes wrong you have someone to turn to. Who knows, one of the bearing journals, or whatever, only need to be a pooftenth out in their machining and your stuffed.

kbchez
24th August 2016, 11:47 PM
I see on ebay you can buy a rebuild kits for around $1200 give or take a few dollars. These kits include the crankshafts etc. Is there something wrong with them ????.

mudski
25th August 2016, 08:51 AM
I see on ebay you can buy a rebuild kits for around $1200 give or take a few dollars. These kits include the crankshafts etc. Is there something wrong with them ????.

:driving2: clear....

johno90
25th August 2016, 09:07 AM
Those rebuild.kits on ebay are just generic photos they dont come with cranks. Ive put in a quote request to lunati in the states they made my custom rods and crank for a v8 i built and was pretty cheap so ill give it a go :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

nissannewby
5th September 2016, 10:27 PM
Stick with a standard one and put the flywheel on a diet.

Billets cranks arent immune to breaking.

johno90
6th September 2016, 08:24 AM
Ha true, im going auto anyway so that gives it a bit of grace. But for only $1900 usd why not [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

rusty06gu01
6th September 2016, 11:45 AM
I've seen the guys at United fuel injection are looking into billet stroker cranks for TD42's made in China.
Rough prices were about $5500 for crank, Pistons & rods. Not sure if they are on sale yet tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johno90
6th September 2016, 01:02 PM
I get my stuff from the US,(got a few contacts from my drag car) not really chasing to stroke it I'm very happy with what torque it already puts out this ones more of a touring build :D