PDA

View Full Version : zd30 is it gonna grenade?

RGO
4th July 2016, 05:04 PM
Hi guys, have a 2002 auto patrol.It's got about 270,000 ks. I did the nads about 2000ks ago. Twice recently at about 100ks an hour it's suddenly missed as though it's going to cut out revs drop right down then picks up again and drives fine. Changed the fuel filter as soon as i got home the first time. 100ks phr about 2000revs boost 11psi egt about 340 deg. i have a feeling of impending doom but mabee its not so sinister. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance Bob.

paulyg
4th July 2016, 06:19 PM
I don't think its going to blow, could be limp mode, try cleaning the maf sensor, don't touch the wire with anything and use maf sensor cleaner or electrical contact cleaner.

RGO
5th July 2016, 05:54 AM
Hi paulyg, i cleaned the maf sensor when i did the nads and a service it was as clean as but it wont hurt to do it again. I'll let you know if it fixes it .
Thanks Bob.

Sir Roofy
5th July 2016, 07:55 AM
Try adjusting the dawes valve to 14psi then bring in the needle valve then @100 ks s 11psi should be seen
temps should be lower running @ 250 to 300 sometimes you get first time if not just shut the needle valve
again and bit by bit open till your happy with it good luck with it

threedogs
5th July 2016, 10:02 AM
Have you blocked the EGR yet, ???
When you clean the MAF disconnect the battery to re set the ECU.

RGO
6th July 2016, 11:00 AM
Cleaned the maf sensor, screwed the dawes valve in a bit and went for a drive. Boost is on about 12psi @ 100ks just over 2000 revs. My egt gauge starts at 300 it hardly moved cept when going up a hill. Boost spiked to about 17 when i put the boot into it and dropped straight back. No sign of a limp at all. I blocked the egr when i did the rest of the stuff threedogs. Thanks everyone for the help.
Bob.

NissanGQ4.2
6th July 2016, 06:54 PM
Thread bumped for RGO due 2 their last post going into moderation

Sir Roofy
6th July 2016, 08:16 PM
try and get the dawes to about 14, egts will come down some more
depending on the grade of the hill I wouldn't expect to see temps
much above 350

rusty00
6th July 2016, 09:56 PM
What I have read over the past 12 months is clean the inlet manifold and piping, it will be somewhat blocked after 270km.

RGO
8th July 2016, 06:20 AM
It all seems good now, went for a short run yesterday with no dramas. I'm a bit worried that the inlet manifold and piping is a lil bit above my skill level, i'm not what would call mechanically minded rusty00 :) though i realise it probably should be done.

Sir Roofy
8th July 2016, 06:47 PM
the inlet looks daunting but relatively easy
take your time take photos before and after

RGO
12th August 2016, 06:21 AM
Just an update. Patrol went well for a while then about an hour into a 2 hour drive started to run like a hairy goat. Had to pull up, started again fine for about 15min until going up a hill, nowhere to pull over then died. threw up a code started again fine but wasn't game to go any further so put it on a tilt tray to a mechanics. Long story short, the injector pump was clagged while it was being fixed found a overcharging alternator and the radiator was almost shot so took the oportunity to replace them as well. 6 grand later and a stressfull couple of weeks and it's running sweet.