PDA

View Full Version : Grease Points

flashman1207
4th July 2016, 01:49 AM
I was under the GQ today putting some grease in all the grease nipples I could find. There were some at either end of each prop shaft and some of the drag link. Where else are there some. I'd be buggered if I could find anymore....

threedogs
4th July 2016, 05:33 PM
what about on the steering linkages
some hide inside the uni so you may need to turn the shaft to find them

flashman1207
4th July 2016, 09:13 PM
what about on the steering linkages
some hide inside the uni so you may need to turn the shaft to find them

Yeah got the uni's covered (prop shafts eh?) and the steering. Wonder if there is a diagram somewhere showing all the grease points

nissannewby
4th July 2016, 09:35 PM
There isnt many. 3 on each prop shaft, drag link and sometimes steering box.

flashman1207
5th July 2016, 01:24 PM
Righto thanks, just the steering box to check then

Col.T
11th July 2016, 07:58 PM
G'day Flashman,
years ago the makers of real cars fitted stacks of grease points on every part of the car which turned around, rotated or went in and out, up or down etc., etc..
Welcome to the late 20th century and later,
Much cheaper to fit nothing and even better, the punters will have to replace everything at $200 per hour plus parts, way before it would have been necessary with proper lubrication.
Yep, that's right. No grease points under the car other that the three on each shaft.
Aren't they making them so much better in Oz now?
Col.

flashman1207
12th July 2016, 07:26 PM
'Years ago'? I thought 1994 was years ago but I get what you mean.... Not much built to last or be serviceable. I lifted the bonnet on the wife's new Golf the other day and shut it pretty damn quick again..... Scary