PDA

View Full Version : Warn highmount rebuild kit

AB
29th June 2016, 06:22 PM
Someone I know MB has a highmount to rebuild and was wondering if anyone knew the items on Amazon that you need MudRunnerTD because my purchase was over 12 months ago I can't find the exact kits we used ;)

I'm hoping someone MudRunnerTD could help the person I know MB

;)

Winnie
29th June 2016, 06:41 PM
Brake kit
Https://www.amazon.com/WARN-8409-Brake-Service-Kit/dp/B000CQFW1Y

Lower housing kit
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000CQBMQI/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1467187861&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=M8274&dpPl=1&dpID=41L3ASJ6TBL

Winnie
29th June 2016, 06:42 PM
And because you know you want to MB ;)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000OV9QE6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467187948&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=Warn+6hp&dpPl=1&dpID=41saKnjMWWL&ref=plSrch

Rossco
29th June 2016, 07:00 PM
And because you know you want to MB ;)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000OV9QE6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467187948&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=Warn+6hp&dpPl=1&dpID=41saKnjMWWL&ref=plSrch
Yeah that's ones a no brainer, especially as MB s old one is in my scrap pile. . .

Rossco
29th June 2016, 07:05 PM
Wish i was onto amazon and their prices when i did mine, so much cheaper. Oh well live & learn. . .

Winnie
29th June 2016, 07:08 PM
With the exchange rates and postage it doesn't work out to be that much cheaper

AB
29th June 2016, 07:11 PM
With the exchange rates and postage it doesn't work out to be that much cheaper Nah Rossco and I compared prices and was well ahead by hundreds Winnie.

AB
29th June 2016, 07:14 PM
And because you know you want to MB ;) https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000OV9QE6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467187948&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=Warn+6hp&dpPl=1&dpID=41saKnjMWWL&ref=plSrch That's a given ;)

Rossco
29th June 2016, 07:33 PM
With the exchange rates and postage it doesn't work out to be that much cheaper
Says free shipping, is that to aus also?

Winnie
29th June 2016, 07:34 PM
No it's not free shipping and shipping was nearly 200 for me by memory.

MB
29th June 2016, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the info Winnie, appreciated mate !!

Rossco
29th June 2016, 07:38 PM
No it's not free shipping and shipping was nearly 200 for me by memory.
Yeah fair enough, guess the motor would cost a bit, their not light. . .

MB
29th June 2016, 07:43 PM
Nah Rossco and I compared prices and was well ahead by hundreds Winnie.
Hey bro, can you roughly remember what the AUD < > USD was at the time you blokes made the comparison?

Winnie
29th June 2016, 07:44 PM
I'll hunt through my emails and see if I can find an invoice...

Winnie
29th June 2016, 08:04 PM
Can't find anything sorry mate. It was about 12 months ago that I ordered.
Roadrunner also sell the bow 2 winch motor (under a different name) which should be considered over the warn 6hp

MudRunnerTD
29th June 2016, 08:47 PM
The Au$ was much stronger before so the conversion rate will be a bit of a killer. I am certain I have a lower housing rebuild kit here mate.

Guys are rating the ISHKA Brand motor over both the Bow and Warn in quite a few winch trucks. The ISHKA motor was something a bloke had a heap of, the bolt up but we're untested. He offloaded them cheap ( should have grabbed one damn it!) it turns out they are The Bomb!!! They have tripled in price but well proven and highly rated. Will be my next motor. Phil at The4WD Shed will sort you out with one.

Winnie you got Ripped mate!!!!

Let me have a play with Amazon Mark and I'll see what I can find.

MB
29th June 2016, 08:47 PM
Yeah that's ones a no brainer, especially as MB s old one is in my scrap pile. . .
Hey Rossco, I'm researching the Bow 2 motor on Winnie's recommendation and was hoping you could check one thing for me on the scrap pile :-)

"Where replacing an older high mount motor you will require the splined input gear (also available)"

Cheers Rossco, no rush mate, too bloody cold outside !

MB
29th June 2016, 08:49 PM
The Au$ was much stronger before so the conversion rate will be a bit of a killer. I am certain I have a lower housing rebuild kit here mate. Guys are rating the ISHKA Brand motor over both the Bow and Warn in quite a few winch trucks. The ISHKA motor was something a bloke had a heap of, the bolt up but we're untested. He offloaded them cheap ( should have grabbed one damn it!) it turns out they are The Bomb!!! They have tripled in price but well proven and highly rated. Will be my next motor. Phil at The4WD Shed will sort you out with one. Winnie you got Ripped mate!!!! Let me have a play with Amazon Mark and I'll see what I can find.
Thanks heaps Daz, I missed this post ;-) !

Rossco
29th June 2016, 08:56 PM
Hey Rossco, I'm researching the Bow 2 motor on Winnie's recommendation and was hoping you could check one thing for me on the scrap pile :-)

"Where replacing an older high mount motor you will require the splined input gear (also available)"

Cheers Rossco, no rush mate, too bloody cold outside !
Yours is all good markie it's got the splined input. .

MudRunnerTD
29th June 2016, 09:04 PM
Brake kit
Https://www.amazon.com/WARN-8409-Brake-Service-Kit/dp/B000CQFW1Y

Lower housing kit
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000CQBMQI/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1467187861&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=M8274&dpPl=1&dpID=41L3ASJ6TBL

So the top link converted to $AU and shipped to me is $132 including $10.35 shipping

Conversion rate on Amazon today is $1.40AU = $1US

6HP Warn Motor, Lower housing kit and Brake shaft rebuild kit is $491 +$103 shipping to Lara ($594)

MB
29th June 2016, 09:04 PM
MudRunnerTD , I might have to give Phil a call tomorrow cheers Daz. Checked his website and he only seems to have the Warn & Bow2+3 listed up there ATM :-)

MudRunnerTD
29th June 2016, 09:07 PM
So the top link converted to $AU and shipped to me is $132 including $10.35 shipping

Conversion rate on Amazon today is $1.40AU = $1US

6HP Warn Motor, Lower housing kit and Brake shaft rebuild kit is $491 +$103 shipping to Lara ($594)

The Brake shaft rebuild kit is $185 on Ebay! Even with the crap conversion rate its still $50 cheaper to buy it from the US

MB
29th June 2016, 09:08 PM
I'm getting good at posting at the exact time as you do Cheers Daz :-)

MudRunnerTD
29th June 2016, 09:09 PM
MudRunnerTD , I might have to give Phil a call tomorrow cheers Daz. Checked his website and he only seems to have the Warn & Bow2+3 listed up there ATM :-)

He runs an ISHKA on his own comp winch mate. i saw a quote from him on Facebook tonight stating he has done 2 Outback Challenges, 3 Cliffhangers, 2 Patrolapart comps, and a few others, Worn out 3 lengths of 12mm comp grade rope and still running the same ISHKA! Plenty of guys getting a single comp out of a Warn or Bow!

MB
29th June 2016, 09:12 PM
He runs an ISHKA on his own comp winch mate. i saw a quote from him on Facebook tonight stating he has done 2 Outback Challenges, 3 Cliffhangers, 2 Patrolapart comps, and a few others, Worn out 3 lengths of 12mm comp grade rope and still running the same ISHKA! Plenty of guys getting a single comp out of a Warn or Bow!
I'm sold then, really appreciate the advice mate, will make the call tomorrow :-)

MB
29th June 2016, 09:16 PM
If it's not too much trouble mate could I pester you for some new age fairlead, rope and hook advice? No rush at all, will be ripping off the old cable and upgrading like you blokes have all got:-)

MudRunnerTD
29th June 2016, 09:17 PM
Spell Check ISHKA ===>> Iskra

Phill Carr I can help you with Iskra motor, Bows or Warns, I have run all 3 of them, i have a pile of scrap Warns & Bows that have only lasted 1 comp, Still have the same Iskra's that have done 2 outbacks 2 trolaparts, Repco & Cliffly. been through 3 ropes in that time

MudRunnerTD
29th June 2016, 09:32 PM
If it's not too much trouble mate could I pester you for some new age fairlead, rope and hook advice? No rush at all, will be ripping off the old cable and upgrading like you blokes have all got:-)

No Dramas mate. I run a +76 Deltatek Air Freespool and Big mouth Fairlead. Kool bit of kit :p I like the big mouth as it is open enough to allow a rope to be tied in a knot and still fit through the opening. Very handy if you break your rope and have to tie it in a knot ;)

I am running a 12mm rope but have room for it on the bigger free spool too. On your Ute a 10mm would be OK but an 11mm would be better. I have broken a 10mm a heap of times.

Depending on your budget (You can spend a Bucket load on a HiMount mate) you could consider a Gigglepin Brake Shaft upgrade ( I have this and its a very big upgrade from standard) But costs bux.

For what i want to do with the GQ the Winch is Everything. 24v Upgraded HiMount is a Beast mate.

Rossco
29th June 2016, 09:34 PM
Yep old cable is in scrap heap too so no tuning back now! Roadrunner have all those, 4wd shed probably would too. 10mm rope should be fine (unless it's not enough for your fancy motor - should be for what we do? ?) Fairlead depends on the bar weather you need an off set one or not. Hook you can get one like ABs and mine with a little latch you open or just a spring clip thing both work well.

MB
29th June 2016, 09:36 PM
Just found this mob in Aus for motors maybe ok?
http://www.baxters.com.au/products/rotating-electric/electric-motors.html?limit=60

MB
29th June 2016, 09:37 PM
And the 24v one :-)
http://www.baxters.com.au/products/rotating-electric/electric-motors/winch-motor-iskra-type-24v-cw-9-spline.html

MudRunnerTD
29th June 2016, 09:46 PM
Just found this mob in Aus for motors maybe ok?
http://www.baxters.com.au/products/rotating-electric/electric-motors.html?limit=60

And the 24v one :-)
http://www.baxters.com.au/products/rotating-electric/electric-motors/winch-motor-iskra-type-24v-cw-9-spline.html

Yeah nice site!!! you need a 3 Pin motor, sorry note sure which but none of those. but i like the link for sure.

The idea of a 24v winch is running 24v through a 12v motor for performance upgrade. Bolting up a 24v motor you may as well stay with your 12v system.

MB
29th June 2016, 09:52 PM
Yeah nice site!!! you need a 3 Pin motor, sorry note sure which but none of those. but i like the link for sure. The idea of a 24v winch is running 24v through a 12v motor for performance upgrade. Bolting up a 24v motor you may as well stay with your 12v system.
Whoops, memory like a sieve I have :-( You did explain that to me up in the hills last year !

Winnie
29th June 2016, 10:30 PM
Yeah nice site!!! you need a 3 Pin motor, sorry note sure which but none of those. but i like the link for sure.

The idea of a 24v winch is running 24v through a 12v motor for performance upgrade. Bolting up a 24v motor you may as well stay with your 12v system.
A 24V motor will have more grunt.
Putting 24V through a 12V motor though will be super fast but still the same strength as the 12V.

MudRunnerTD
29th June 2016, 10:31 PM
A 24V motor will have more grunt.
Putting 24V through a 12V motor though will be super fast but still the same strength as the 12V.

We Like FAST :p

MB
30th June 2016, 09:20 AM
Quick update Gents, just spoken with Phil at 4wd shed, really knowledgable and helpful bloke. Going across there next week to pickup an Iskra motor and may as well grab the rest of the parts needed whilst there. Thanks for the tip and advice @ MudRunnerTD, and really appreciate all of your help here AB Winnie Rossco , Legends :-) !!

Winnie
30th June 2016, 09:27 AM
Have fun with it Mark, I really enjoyed building mine!

threedogs
30th June 2016, 12:51 PM
Quick update Gents, just spoken with Phil at 4wd shed, really knowledgable and helpful bloke. Going across there next week to pickup an Iskra motor and may as well grab the rest of the parts needed whilst there. Thanks for the tip and advice @ MudRunnerTD, and really appreciate all of your help here AB Winnie Rossco , Legends :-) !!

I use a TJM rated latch lock hook with some 10mm dyneema, the hook is zinc plated and is designed for
Plasma/dyneema style winch rope. very affordable, Just thought it was something to take into account
when selecting a hook. I also have one of those rubber winch saver blocks, but way too ugly for me MB pics added

Rossco
30th June 2016, 01:19 PM
Nice one Marky, looking forward to seeing this motor and how it performs. . .

MB
30th June 2016, 01:34 PM
Have fun with it Mark, I really enjoyed building mine!
Thanks Winnie!
Have fun with it Rossco, I really enjoy watching you building mine :-) !

Winnie
30th June 2016, 03:09 PM
Thanks Winnie!
Have fun with it Rossco, I really enjoy watching you building mine :-) !

Ahhh you bloody pumpkin eater!
Well have fun with it Rossco, fill it up with salt water ;)

Rossco
30th June 2016, 04:34 PM
Don't know why Markys getting me to do his, mine fell apart after the first trip i used it. . .

MB
30th June 2016, 07:21 PM
Don't know why Markys getting me to do his, mine fell apart after the first trip i used it. . .
Holy cr@p, I only asked of you Rossco because your stats are twice as many thanks versus posts + 12 extra for good measure :-)

AB
30th June 2016, 07:24 PM
Holy cr@p, I only asked of you Rossco because your stats are twice as many thanks versus posts + 12 extra for good measure :-) He tells good jokes. It's an illusion. ;)

MB
30th June 2016, 07:28 PM
He tells good jokes. It's an illusion. ;)
Why's your ratio's identical bro ;-)

MB
30th June 2016, 07:29 PM
4.6 ers you're both running yeah ;-) ?

nissannewby
30th June 2016, 07:44 PM
Why's your ratio's identical bro ;-)

He runs the site and can change whatever he likes.

MB
30th June 2016, 07:52 PM
MudRunnerTD , exactly how much coin have you spent with Phil mate :-) I'm not ashamed to say I dropped the 'I know Daz' bomb and was quickly questioned 'oh you mean 'Daz 'T' ! We promise we won't tell the Mrs exact figures :-) !

MB
30th June 2016, 07:59 PM
MudRunnerTD , exactly how much coin have you spent with Phil mate :-) I'm not ashamed to say I dropped the 'I know Daz' bomb and was quickly questioned 'oh you mean 'Daz 'T' ! We promise we won't tell the Mrs exact figures :-) !
Whoops, forgot to add; The Iskra was quoted at approx 10% cheaper currently than both others, hoping for great things, Cheers heaps so far Mr T :-) !

Rossco
30th June 2016, 08:12 PM
Holy cr@p, I only asked of you Rossco because your stats are twice as many thanks versus posts + 12 extra for good measure :-)
Cheers markie, yeah only joking mines still holding together plus we have learnt a few more tricks to throw @ yours.

Haven't got long before i head off but may as well get yours together if the bits are all here soon. Have you got the cases sand blasted yet? Will need to get some paint, drain & fill plugs (m12) and a solenoid too at some stage and a switch. Pretty sure i have some breather line & fittings. Also we were going to get a newer style clutch lever handle thingy. . .

MB
30th June 2016, 08:26 PM
Cheers markie, yeah only joking mines still holding together plus we have learnt a few more tricks to throw @ yours. Haven't got long before i head off but may as well get yours together if the bits are all here soon. Have you got the cases sand blasted yet? Will need to get some paint, drain & fill plugs (m12) and a solenoid too at some stage and a switch. Pretty sure i have some breather line & fittings. Also we were going to get a newer style clutch lever handle thingy. . .
Cheers Rossco, you've done more solo HC miles than almost anyone I know mate! No rush on the HM, stress less and enjoy your hard earned time up north with Sir Roofy&Jane !! No need I believe for handle thingy, air actuation on a wider drum will be enroute in the next few weeks:-)

Rossco
30th June 2016, 09:02 PM
Cheers Rossco, you've done more solo HC miles than almost anyone I know mate! No rush on the HM, stress less and enjoy your hard earned time up north with Sir Roofy&Jane !! No need I believe for handle thingy, air actuation on a wider drum will be enroute in the next few weeks:-)

All good markie once all the bits are together won't take long to put it together, see how we go. . . You seriously going air freespool & +76 drum ?

Sir Roofy
30th June 2016, 09:13 PM

Il be, Sir Roofy I like that , when next mentioning me just
highlight my name
Thank you my Loyal subjects

MB
30th June 2016, 09:18 PM
Thanks Rossco, yep, when you're back from the legendary adventure it would be truly appreciated to learn the finer seal skills etc...:-) Yep, Mr T has planted a sead for over engineering my non-comp toy. Being many years out of the HC exploration game and 40+ now I'm thinking about winching up anything past a blue run :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MB
30th June 2016, 09:29 PM
Il be, Sir Roofy I like that , when next mentioning me just highlight my name Thank you my Loyal subjects

@SirRoofy or roofySir roofy damn techy stuff confuses me AB alone ?

Winnie
30th June 2016, 09:51 PM
Hey Rossco sounds like you're getting a new air free spool for your winch! Mark won't know if you swapsie =)

MB
30th June 2016, 10:01 PM
Hey Rossco sounds like you're getting a new air free spool for your winch! Mark won't know if you swapsie =)
Happy to lend a drill and grinder for GQ bar to offset the +drum too :-)

Rossco
30th June 2016, 10:06 PM
Oh man i would love one they would be epic!. . . I mean nah there not that good, I'll take it off your hands markie you can have my much better standard jobbie haha.

Nah wow your not going to know this thing markie world's apart from a standard high mount. What bar are you putting it in, is it wide enough for the wide drum? ?

MudRunnerTD
30th June 2016, 10:23 PM
MB nice one mate. Yes the answer is A Lot. I have driven with him though which helps a bit too mate. If your going a Deltatek Air free spool then happy days! You should also grab off him a Stealth freespool delete plate. Cheap and a great upgrade. I like the Deltatek over the Gigglepin air freespool as the DT has a smaller centre so will fit more rope.

Ask Phil about an Allbright Solenoid pack and GP longer motor bolts to mount the Allbright.

You should also consider a Gigglepin Brakeshaft. This is a Serious Upgrade. Probably the best upgrade available IMO. Fundamentally better. I Tapped and capped the Warn Brakeshaft which is not bad. ( this is now fitted to ABs winch) the GP Brake shaft is Epic! It's all money though mate. The circlip on the Brakeshaft is almost the weakest link and regardless you need to modify or replace.

MB
30th June 2016, 10:39 PM
Holy cr@p, MudRunnerTD Rossco TD:-) slight research extra now and my M/C just up'd and ran :-(

MudRunnerTD
30th June 2016, 10:42 PM
Holy cr@p, MudRunnerTD Rossco TD:-) slight research extra now and my M/C just up'd and ran :-(

It gets crazy quickly mate!!

MB
30th June 2016, 11:14 PM
It gets crazy quickly mate!! mudski says on another "Do it once & Do it right ;-)" Totally agree, personally have waisted too much muck around over the years and now need to prioritise to see more country safely :-) !!!

MudRunnerTD
1st July 2016, 09:48 AM
mudski says on another "Do it once & Do it right ;-)" Totally agree, personally have waisted too much muck around over the years and now need to prioritise to see more country safely :-) !!!

i agree. You don't really need the air freespool for safety though mate. Its a nice bit of kit for sure but its more a Comp Scene kind of requirement. The Warn HiMount will spool out with your switches nearly as quickly as you can walk. I never use my freespool handle now. When i go out with the air freespool it will be awesome don't get me wrong, but it will basically let my Navi pull rope out without restriction and then i can engage the freespool from the cab when I'm hooked up. Without it i would just spool out. No big deal though to be honest.

If i had to choose between a GP Brake Shaft and an Air Freespool my money would be spent on the GP Brake Shaft every single day mate.

MB
1st July 2016, 10:21 AM
i agree. You don't really need the air freespool for safety though mate. Its a nice bit of kit for sure but its more a Comp Scene kind of requirement. The Warn HiMount will spool out with your switches nearly as quickly as you can walk. I never use my freespool handle now. When i go out with the air freespool it will be awesome don't get me wrong, but it will basically let my Navi pull rope out without restriction and then i can engage the freespool from the cab when I'm hooked up. Without it i would just spool out. No big deal though to be honest. If i had to choose between a GP Brake Shaft and an Air Freespool my money would be spent on the GP Brake Shaft every single day mate.
Cheers Daz, the safety I was hoping for was the wider drum with thinner core so I can fit plenty of 12mm rope on from your earlier advice, just a bonus I guess it comes with air actuation as standard :-)

Rossco
1st July 2016, 11:29 AM
i agree. You don't really need the air freespool for safety though mate. Its a nice bit of kit for sure but its more a Comp Scene kind of requirement. The Warn HiMount will spool out with your switches nearly as quickly as you can walk. I never use my freespool handle now. When i go out with the air freespool it will be awesome don't get me wrong, but it will basically let my Navi pull rope out without restriction and then i can engage the freespool from the cab when I'm hooked up. Without it i would just spool out. No big deal though to be honest.

If i had to choose between a GP Brake Shaft and an Air Freespool my money would be spent on the GP Brake Shaft every single day mate.
Yeah as awsome as air freespool is, for our application certainly isn't needed. Spooling out with the motor is quick enough and in cab and buttons up front are great, definatly recommend these. More rope is a bonus, but extension strap if you need it or another length of rope with some spliced ends should deal with most situations. .

MudRunnerTD
1st July 2016, 01:03 PM
Cheers Daz, the safety I was hoping for was the wider drum with thinner core so I can fit plenty of 12mm rope on from your earlier advice, just a bonus I guess it comes with air actuation as standard :-)

You can actually buy an extended drum without the freespool. Without the freespool you could make your own actually. Just cut and extend the drum centre and reweld. With the freespool you also get a roller bearing in the drum end (I had this already and it's now fitted to ABs (he did ok ;) )

Winnie how much did you pay for your bearing end plate mod? Got any pics for MB

Just trying to save you some cash mate. Seriously consider the GP Brakeshaft though.

Winnie
1st July 2016, 02:25 PM
I paid $50 to get my drum modified, I bought the modified end cap with the top hat and paid $100
I'll chuck some pics up this arvo.

Winnie
1st July 2016, 05:37 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/07/7.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/07/8.jpg

Rossco
1st July 2016, 06:28 PM
Ah, you've got the brace kit too. That's another thing to concider / throw more $$ at MB ☺

mudski
2nd July 2016, 02:26 AM
Maybe should make a Warn Rebuild thread sticky or something. As one day, one day i will get a high mount and all the info posted in only two pages so far is priceless.

MB
2nd July 2016, 02:32 AM
............tp :-)

Winnie
2nd July 2016, 06:43 AM
The brace kit is worth it. There is a kit on eBay for $100 and you will need to find somebody to weld it.

Winnie
2nd July 2016, 10:40 AM
Have a read through this thread Mark...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?34005-Winnie-s-Warn-hi-mount-rebuild

mudski
2nd July 2016, 04:28 PM
Have a read through this thread Mark...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?34005-Winnie-s-Warn-hi-mount-rebuild

Yeah I've read through that, and this thread. Just makes me wanna get one. But after todays drive, I really need to upgrade the intake first.

Winnie
2nd July 2016, 04:34 PM
I meant the other Mark! Haha. But you're welcome to read it too sweetheart

MudRunnerTD
4th July 2016, 11:05 PM
A couple of pics of my winch from the weekend. Tops off so thought of this thread.

Here is a couple of pics of the Gigglepin (GP) brake shaft difference. It's far more than just a drilled and tapped shaft.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/07/43.jpg

The shaft also locks up the second Gear. The main gear is on the drum so the second gear is on the brake shaft.

There is a packer that goes between the casing and the gear the the shaft has a rebate for circlip.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/07/44.jpg

There is zero play of the second gear on the shaft. Very cool.

Also I have drilled and bolted the retaining plate to the case. I have had this plate fail on me once so this mod was a no brainer.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/07/45.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/07/46.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/07/47.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/07/48.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/07/49.jpg

Also VERY IMPORTANT. If you have rebuilt a Himount you will have a cardboard pack used to insert the oil seal. You should keep this in your spares kit and carry it. Essential if you have to strip your winch on the tracks!! I might have stripped mine n the bush a couple of times.!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/07/50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk cause AB turned it back on!!

MB
5th July 2016, 05:07 AM
Cheers Daz, awesome info mate, really appreciated as I'm sure all will too:-) Touched base with Phil again yesterday morning and there's a slight delay on the Iskra motors arrival. Good news is he has a GP brake shaft waiting on the shelf for us also, rebuild dollars are climbing but worth it by the sounds of it !!