PDA

View Full Version : 10mm, 11mm and 12mm TD42 injector pumps....

mudski
28th June 2016, 08:53 PM
Wheres this actually measured? Whats is actually measured? What else is altered in the pump between pump sizes? Any other info to go with it....
Its never really crossed my mind, but now I've wondered this ever since chatting with Old Mav at the Donk party and didn't get a chance to ask him.

BigRAWesty
28th June 2016, 09:02 PM
From my understanding it's the piston or plunger diameter inside the pump..
The bigger the diameter the more fuel pumped. .

nissannewby
28th June 2016, 09:05 PM
Plunger size.

There are so many variables. Governor arrangement, cam plates, case pressure, compensator pins, compensator style, compensator spring rates and travel etc etc.

Each pump builder usually has their way of doing it. And what works for one setup wont necessarily work the same on another.

nissannewby
28th June 2016, 09:06 PM
From my understanding it's the piston or plunger diameter inside the pump..
The bigger the diameter the more fuel pumped. .

Not always true. I know some people are starting to tinker with 11mm pumps and pushing them towards the 200kw mark.

BigRAWesty
28th June 2016, 09:10 PM
Not always true. I know some people are starting to tinker with 11mm pumps and pushing them towards the 200kw mark.
Yea I have no doubt.. Sorta like stroking a v8 I think of it..

But the actual definition of each pump is internal piston size ain't it?

nissannewby
28th June 2016, 09:14 PM
Yea I have no doubt.. Sorta like stroking a v8 I think of it..

But the actual definition of each pump is internal piston size ain't it?

Yes. Plunger/piston diameter.

BigRAWesty
28th June 2016, 09:16 PM
Yes. Plunger/piston diameter.
Sorry just saw your post above mine..

mudski
28th June 2016, 10:54 PM
Plunger size.

There are so many variables. Governor arrangement, cam plates, case pressure, compensator pins, compensator style, compensator spring rates and travel etc etc.

Each pump builder usually has their way of doing it. And what works for one setup wont necessarily work the same on another.
Thanks. Explains it a bit. Id love to get a hold of a pump and some pics and stuff of what does what. Just so i have a better understanding.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Sharky1
28th June 2016, 11:26 PM
Can change the cam too which alters fuel delivery in a big way as well as engine/turbo performance

I had mine done by United Fuel Injection in perth when I fitted my turbo & I've never been happy with it. It's tuned way too rich at low RPM, billows black smoke etc. I think at the time it was because I had non turbo pistons & EGT's were a concern. They fitted an 11mm plunger, changed the cam & I paid extra & got the boost compensator fitted. Beyond that I don't know what they did. Since then I've rebuilt the motor with turbo pistons & rods & EGT's don't go above 450deg. Turbo is Kinugawa 18G TDO5 8mm with HPD top cooler & 3" dump & straight thru pipe.

Should prob get it retuned