PDA

View Full Version : Air Filter question.

Murica
25th June 2016, 07:27 PM
Okay, so when I purchased my patrol a few months ago, the original owner had removed 1 of the 2 air filter housing under the bonnet. He had the one on the side removed, which is refereed to as the outer filter on donaldsons toolbox. When I asked him why he said it had something to do with them making room when they installed the inter-cooler,turbo, and snorkel from new. I've asked around and searched on google and can't find anything referring to the removal of the filter. I work in spare parts and I know how important proper air filtration is so I am slightly concerned that the little old oval filter isn't going to cut it. Any light on this would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

AB
25th June 2016, 07:51 PM
I wouldn't be too concerned mate as most people do this when fitting the turbo to an NA td42.

Most members here wouldn't have the pre filter anymore as its too restrictive running a turbo on two air filters.

Keep on top of ensuring the main filter is clean of course.

AB
25th June 2016, 07:59 PM
Most people actually remove the oval filter and put a main filter like the gu set up where your pre filter was.

But it sounds like you have a safari turbo kit?

which is a good set up!

Murica
25th June 2016, 08:02 PM
Okay. Yeah I plan on replacing it every time I do an oil change anyways. For the low cost of the filter I don't see any reason not to. It hasn't had any issues yet, but he (previous and single owner) never took it off road, only towed a caravan to campsites. Thanks for that.

Murica
25th June 2016, 09:37 PM
Yeah safari kit and oval filter. Running 10 pounds, needs a good tune but still goes good.