PDA

View Full Version : Great when working on the motor

threedogs
23rd June 2016, 05:32 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/301987956260?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

These are a great safety device when working on the motor, or any engine bay work for that matter.
We all know how lousy the bonnet struts are. I have a similar tool that I've used for years now.
Might be worth throwing one in the tool box?

BillsGU
23rd June 2016, 10:16 PM
I use a much cheaper tool for that purpose. It's called a stick.

Plasnart
23rd June 2016, 11:05 PM
Im always reminded to replace the bonnet struts when i get a whack in the back if the head. Found this works pretty well but broom handles come in handy in the meantime. What, once every 15 years?

Plasnart
23rd June 2016, 11:09 PM
But TD yes probably good for a workshop working on other peoples vehicles :smiley_thumbs_up:

sooty_10
24th June 2016, 07:04 PM
Yeah I'm a stick man also. I've also added a cable tie (trimmed off) to each strut and just slide it up to the base of the strut adds extra resistance and generally holds unless it is quite windy.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

BillsGU
24th June 2016, 09:55 PM
Yeah I'm a stick man also. I've also added a cable tie (trimmed off) to each strut and just slide it up to the base of the strut adds extra resistance and generally holds unless it is quite windy.

An engineering genious! My kind of man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Power to the sticks .............................

It always amazes me how people want to turn a simple task into an expensive piece of bulldust and use flash, shinny bits when a simple stick will do the job. Go figure.