PDA

View Full Version : Chasing old 4wd track signs for the church

AB
21st June 2016, 08:27 PM
I'm planning on extending the church and decorating as you do ;)

Really trying to find our old Victorian track way finding signs, the old green and beige signs before they upgraded.

Finally got a hold of a local ranger in the area, great bloke and owns a patrol too and is already a member here ;)

Long story short they disposed of a lot of their old signs and of course after the horrific black Saturday fires, many were destroyed!

If anyone knows any connections from other areas and divisions/regions who might have those old signs or even interstate members who may be able to help with the old "4wd access only" signs or any iconic or not way finding signs then please pm me or let us know.

Would be a great addition to the church!!!

No stealing signs, not that the members here would do such a thing but thought it should be mentioned of course.

taslucas
21st June 2016, 08:46 PM
Would be cool to see if we could get some from around the country

>>>tappin from tassie

Cuppa
21st June 2016, 09:55 PM
I'm planning on extending the church and decorating as you do ;)

Ready for a summer party eh?

MB
21st June 2016, 10:00 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/247.jpg
@ABalone's ready :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nissannewby
21st June 2016, 10:05 PM
Would be cool to see if we could get some from around the country

>>>tappin from tassie

I may or may not have access to a track sign from the now closed cruiser park...

AB
22nd June 2016, 07:37 PM
I may or may not have access to a track sign from the now closed cruiser park... See how you go, cheers Matty!

I'll personally pick them up in September ;)

mudski
23rd June 2016, 06:22 PM
I remember seeing a sign, not old though, on the way up to Merribula near Bemm River. Patrol Tk. Me and the missus both though that would be appropriate for the church. Wonder if the DSE at Cann River have any of the old ones still. Pity I don't do any contract work for them anymore....

Rossco
23rd June 2016, 07:26 PM
I remember seeing a sign, not old though, on the way up to Merribula near Bemm River. Patrol Tk. Me and the missus both though that would be appropriate for the church. Wonder if the DSE at Cann River have any of the old ones still. Pity I don't do any contract work for them anymore....
Yeah ive spotted that one too, thought it would be a ripper if it ever fell down. . .

AB
23rd June 2016, 07:55 PM
Saw the best old green/beige sign on the way to south Aus a month ago.

About 2m long...

"Native waterhole"

mudski
23rd June 2016, 08:10 PM
Why not make a sign or two? Its only routed out then painted.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

AB
23rd June 2016, 08:13 PM
Why not make a sign or two? Its only routed out then painted. Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk For sure, I have a friend with a router so there's no problem but the history and authenticity of an old track sign would be a winner!!!

AB
23rd June 2016, 08:14 PM
Actually if anyone knows the font they use would be handy...lol?

Avo
23rd June 2016, 08:21 PM
My daughter did work experience through the highschool last week...with DPAW over here...they made her this on the last day ...http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/266.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

mudski
23rd June 2016, 08:21 PM
Actually if anyone knows the font they use would be handy...lol?
Just pop into or ring the local DSE and ask them. Im pretty sure the Toolangi DSE make them on site. Been a while since ive been there. Asked them on the colour codes for the paint too.
Sorry DEPI they're called now.

Rossco
23rd June 2016, 08:30 PM
Just pop into or ring the local DSE and ask them. Im pretty sure the Toolangi DSE make them on site. Been a while since ive been there. Asked them on the colour codes for the paint too.
Sorry DEPI they're called now.
DELWP actually! They've gone that horrible orange and all steel now probably getting them made somewhere else. The old timber ones used to be made in house. Saw some white forest commission signs near swifts ck a while back. They must date back to the late 70s early 80s. .

mudski
23rd June 2016, 08:37 PM
DELWP actually! They've gone that horrible orange and all steel now probably getting them made somewhere else. The old timber ones used to be made in house. Saw some white forest commission signs near swifts ck a while back. They must date back to the late 70s early 80s. .
They changed again?
Last DSE site i was on, bout 12 monrhs ago, down in Forrest, they had a bench setup to make their signs.

Winnie
23rd June 2016, 09:17 PM
They changed again?
Last DSE site i was on, bout 12 monrhs ago, down in Forrest, they had a bench setup to make their signs.

DCNC now... The department of constant name changes

taslucas
23rd June 2016, 09:28 PM
My daughter did work experience through the highschool last week...with DPAW over here...they made her this on the last day ...http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/266.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Is it remote control too!?

>>>tappin from tassie

Rossco
23rd June 2016, 09:36 PM
DCNC now... The department of constant name changes
Yeah bloody crazy. I remember when it was DCNR they got the name dept of constant name review. . . Was very fitting, I can't believe the amount of money that must have been wasted with name changes and mergers splits with other departments over the years. . .

threedogs
24th June 2016, 09:26 AM
What about one central pole with distances to all iconic destinations, I think Oodnadatta has one.
Not hard to paint some timber white and use a stencil to do the names[black],,, Rome,,,Paris,,, Woods Point,,,,etc etc

Maybe brush up on your Router skills.
Use redgum then paint the routed sections black
you could even put GPS co-ords on it