PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control SET light flashing on dashboard

juzzs8
21st June 2016, 12:21 PM
Hey guys,

As i haven't used it in a while i've only noticed recently that my cruise control is not working, when i turn it on the set light on dashboard just flashes. I'm thinking its either after the heavy rain storm we had 3 weeks ago and waters got in somewhere maybe shorted something out. My patrol was in the outside airport parking at Coolangatta for that weekend. Or i've just recently got my oil change at local mechanic and they've done something, cant see how that would affect it tho. but i only noticed it wasn't working after these 2 things happened. Also, im not sure but i thought the red led on my trailer brake box thing used to come one when i braked, and now there is nothing.

Any advice on what it may be would be great thanks. I've had a search on the forum but cant seem find anything exactly the same, my searching skills are not the best tho.

Thanks for any info.

threedogs
21st June 2016, 12:26 PM
Have you had a look under for any wires that may have been knocked loose???

juzzs8
21st June 2016, 12:29 PM
Haven't, but thats probably a good start!
The Mrs has the car everyday at work at the moment so never have time to check it but i'll have to check when she gets home later.

Yendor
21st June 2016, 12:38 PM
Check if your brake lights are working. If there not check if the fuse is blown.

Mudveins
21st June 2016, 12:56 PM
could be a few things. stop light switch, fuse id start with them first:)

the evil twin
21st June 2016, 02:16 PM
There are two switches on the Brake pedal... one is for Cruise and one is for stop lights, both powered from the same fuse as Rodney mentioned.
So agree with others, check the Brake Lights for operation, I'm tipping the fuse is blown
Maybe the rain got into the Trailer Plug or sumthin'

juzzs8
22nd June 2016, 06:38 PM
Hey,
So brake lights arent working when i push brake pedal but if i push the button on the electric trailer brake module thing they come on, Ive checked fuse its fine, globes working when i push the trailer brake switch. Ive looked under pedal everything under there seems to be fine by looks of it, i can see the 2 switches that the brake pedal sits on they look ok. Not sure what else to check?

Yendor
22nd June 2016, 07:30 PM
How did you checked the fuse? Did you try replacing the fuse?

juzzs8
22nd June 2016, 07:35 PM
How did you checked the fuse? Did you try replacing the fuse?

yeh replaced it still not working

Yendor
22nd June 2016, 07:47 PM
yeh replaced it still not working

What was the fuse number?

juzzs8
22nd June 2016, 08:00 PM
What was the fuse number?

no 14. with a 10A

Yendor
22nd June 2016, 08:10 PM
no 14. with a 10A

If that fuse is ok and based on your other posts in this thread you must have a faulty brake light switch or possibly a incorrectly adjusted brake light switch.

juzzs8
22nd June 2016, 08:21 PM
If that fuse is ok and based on your other posts in this thread you must have a faulty brake light switch or possibly a incorrectly adjusted brake light switch.

mmk cheers mate. ill tell the mrs to ride her bike to work tomorrow and see what i can find. Ill check out those 2 things and hopefully come up with something!!

Thanks for the help mate.

juzzs8
23rd June 2016, 01:05 PM
ok, openend up the stop light switch, it was all fused together inside. shorted the other side, lights worked so bought new part for $25 and all works again.

Thanks for the advice Yendor!

2 minute job to fix once you know what it is!