PDA

View Full Version : Passenger window stuck... up?

sangersanger
18th June 2016, 08:21 AM
Hey Guys,

Have looked through the forum and have found plenty of people with windows that have gotten stuck down, but nothing where they were stuck up. Working with an 89 Gran Safari.

Pulled off the door panel and put the switch back on to see what was going on. The spindle turns but doesn't move the serrated thing (1) behind the door panel. Am I right in thinking that the spindle on the regulator side (2) must be stripped? In other words, the same problem that everyone is seeing when their window is stuck down?

Did I just get lucky in that it's stuck up?
Thanks fellas,
Chris

NissanGQ4.2
18th June 2016, 08:27 AM
Could be stripped, have you tried forcing the window down with your hand while trying, maybe its jammed, does the winder wind freely up and down?

Touses
18th June 2016, 09:56 AM
sangersanger can't help you with this one bloke, sorry!

Quick thread jack. How did you go with your smoky engine troubles?

Clunk
18th June 2016, 11:05 AM
Hard to say but could be

Bigcol
18th June 2016, 12:45 PM
can you see if there is any "gunk" in between the teeth on 1 and the teeth on 2??????

maybe something stuck in there......build up of dirt / grease / dust

billyj
19th June 2016, 01:40 AM
if the spindle is turning but the window isnt moving the window regulator assy is stuffed, replace it and all will be good again.

and yes you got lucky, both times ive had one fail it was with the window half way down

mudnut
19th June 2016, 12:47 PM
After you have fixed the assembly, try a bit of dry lube (doesn't take much) in the window channels to reduce the drag on the gears.

sangersanger
6th July 2016, 10:37 AM
Thanks guys, Yeah, there's nothing stuck in there. I bet it's just trashed. Going to order a new one soon and give it a shot. Still smokin.... Need to get her to a diesel shop to check on the injectors, but have been lazy.

Touses
6th July 2016, 10:48 AM
Thanks guys, Yeah, there's nothing stuck in there. I bet it's just trashed. Going to order a new one soon and give it a shot. Still smokin.... Need to get her to a diesel shop to check on the injectors, but have been lazy.

Nothing wrong with lazy. A lazy man is always busy!

threedogs
6th July 2016, 05:37 PM

While you're waiting throw in a bottle of injector cleaner in the main tank.
Use it on a trip so the lot gets used not stop start city driving, you may be surprised
at the difference, Ive used both Wynn's and Nulon injector cleaner with good results