PDA

View Full Version : Another SE QLDER

Craigo4655
17th June 2016, 02:45 PM
Hey Everyone, Im Craig. Ive a 2005 GUIV ST-L with a Manual ZD30. Im gradually building a touring wagon for my fiancee and I to escape civilised life and our daily 'customer service' jobs after becoming tired of Oldies with a god given divine right but no patience, common sense and general good old fashioned manners.

We get out when we can and enjoy travelling tracks lesser travelled. Soon the addition of a rooftop tent should aid in our escape plan!!!!

Touses
17th June 2016, 03:04 PM
Hey welcome Craig! Great to see another Qlder! Enjoy the forum.

Dhuck
18th June 2016, 10:49 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
18th June 2016, 01:09 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

threedogs
18th June 2016, 03:06 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forum,,,enjoy

4bye4
18th June 2016, 03:36 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craigo4655
18th June 2016, 08:55 PM
Cheers fellas. No questions as yet. Other than if anyones done the Cooloola Coast Way recently down to Harrys at Noosa?

Craigo4655
18th June 2016, 08:57 PM
Hey welcome Craig! Great to see another Qlder! Enjoy the forum.

Hey Awesome!! Another Local!!

Took my first drive down Pine Creek the other week after doing the trail from Aramara to Childers.

Touses
19th June 2016, 11:38 AM
Hey Awesome!! Another Local!!

Took my first drive down Pine Creek the other week after doing the trail from Aramara to Childers.

Yeah in the wet that can be quite a challenging drive. Nice tricky bit from the old sawmill above Agnes Vale station back to Agnes Vale rd.

Last time I was out that way the track through to Broweena was closed, bridges down. They fixed yet?

Craigo4655
20th June 2016, 07:42 PM
Is that where the track loops back off a right turn straight after the old mill? I kinda anticipated that part to be reasonably smooth like the rest so gave it a miss..... probs shouldve given in a look lol. I havent heard of/seen the Broweena track, does it cut back off the Agnes Vale end? I'd give it a look if so, being state forest surely there'd be either a repaired bridge or bypass close by depending on when you were last there....

Touses
21st June 2016, 07:32 AM
Is that where the track loops back off a right turn straight after the old mill? I kinda anticipated that part to be reasonably smooth like the rest so gave it a miss..... probs shouldve given in a look lol. I havent heard of/seen the Broweena track, does it cut back off the Agnes Vale end? I'd give it a look if so, being state forest surely there'd be either a repaired bridge or bypass close by depending on when you were last there....

Coming from the aramara end the mill is on the right, eastern side, of Agnes Vale.

The road /track runs past it and turns north back toward Agnes Vale rd. Plenty of ups and downs thru creek lines.

Not very long 5-6k from memory but a good fun drive in the wet.

The brooweena turn is back in the scrub well before Agnes Vale. Last time I was in that far even the bridge bypasses were gone. Just holes 3m deep.

Keen to do it again when New Pig is all good to go.

Mrme4u
25th June 2016, 05:27 PM
Welcome mate

juzzs8
27th June 2016, 11:44 AM
Welcome mate!

Craigo4655
3rd July 2016, 09:20 PM
Coming from the aramara end the mill is on the right, eastern side, of Agnes Vale.

The road /track runs past it and turns north back toward Agnes Vale rd. Plenty of ups and downs thru creek lines.

Not very long 5-6k from memory but a good fun drive in the wet.

The brooweena turn is back in the scrub well before Agnes Vale. Last time I was in that far even the bridge bypasses were gone. Just holes 3m deep.

Keen to do it again when New Pig is all good to go.

Ah yeah I see where the switchback is now.

I want to piss these spring blocks off and get some new springs and shocks maybe a set of sliders before I drop into too many more creek beds I think. Seen a mob in brisbane doing sliders for under $400 advertising on facebook of late. But once thats sorted Im keen for checking the Broweena leg out!!

Clunk
9th August 2016, 11:26 PM
g'day mate and welcome aboard

strider
10th August 2016, 02:54 PM
Welcome mate, the rooftop tent is a great addition, especially up North. Do your homework on them and buy a good quality one, you'll be cursing a cheap one when the weather gets bad, and be prepared for the cover to fail at some point.

Craigo4655
2nd September 2016, 10:49 PM
Welcome mate, the rooftop tent is a great addition, especially up North. Do your homework on them and buy a good quality one, you'll be cursing a cheap one when the weather gets bad, and be prepared for the cover to fail at some point.

Cheers for the info. Ive been looking this week and I tell you its mind boggling!!! Do you go with a Kings based on theyre always sold out, do you double it and go a Gordigear, triple for a Darche or 4x for TJM with everyone claiming their gear to be the best!!!!!! Ahhhhh wheres the Nurofen?

juzzs8
2nd September 2016, 11:18 PM
I like the kings. But it's only 1.4m wide which for 2 people not too much space. Was wondering if the South African ones on eBay that come in 1.8 and 1.9 wide would be any good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craigo4655
2nd September 2016, 11:30 PM
Yeah Im not the keenest on forking out for preorder goods either - I like to get my toys fast hahaha.

South Africans should know a good rooftop tent you'd think......