PDA

View Full Version : Odometer not working and clicking on 1992 Gq patrol

Frannyanny
15th June 2016, 10:23 PM
Hi all,

My odometer on my 1992 Gq TI has stopped working and continually clicks. Any idea what the cause is and how to fix it if it's possible?

Many thanks

Yendor
15th June 2016, 10:29 PM
If your speedo still works correctly it will be a problem with the odometer gears in the speedo head.

Have you tried giving the top of the dash a good thump while driving.? This can sometimes get it working again.

I've had one before where the plastic that holds the little stepper motor on that turns the gears was brittle and I was just able to re-glue it. You won't know until you pull it apart and have a look. You might need to replace the speedo head.

Frannyanny
16th June 2016, 01:36 PM
I've given it a whack but it was working intermittently anyway. I'll open her up

pedro the swift
16th November 2016, 04:45 PM
Had similar problem with my 1990 GQ. Oddo would not rotate. Removed instrument panel and found that the little stepper motor that drives it was jamming. Dismantled and installed some suitable spacer washers, resoldered the motor back together and its been working well. The end thrust on the motor was causing it to jam on the body.