PDA

View Full Version : Wiring a light Bar

deano_thfc
13th June 2016, 01:26 PM
Hi there i have recently purchased a 23" light bar to fit on my bull bar. It came with a wiring harness and a switch for the dash. I want to wire it up so the light bar comes on when i use high beam, but also be able to turn off the bar and leave high beam on.
The relay it the kit is a 4 pin. How do i wire it into the high beam circuit and keep the switch for the dash?

T.I.A

Dean

Makka
13th June 2016, 01:40 PM
you need to bridge the active or trigger to the relay into the high beam......

so the wire that triggers the relay not the power ........needs to be removed then run a wire from the high beam at the stalk to the relay to trigger ....... from memory they are only 4 pin because there is only one light not two

the relay should have a schmatic of how it works on top to work out which is trigger

been a long time you may be able to take the trigger from the high beam at the headlight

the evil twin
13th June 2016, 03:42 PM
Hi there i have recently purchased a 23" light bar to fit on my bull bar. It came with a wiring harness and a switch for the dash. I want to wire it up so the light bar comes on when i use high beam, but also be able to turn off the bar and leave high beam on.
The relay it the kit is a 4 pin. How do i wire it into the high beam circuit and keep the switch for the dash?

T.I.A

Dean

The switch goes either....
a) In circuit between the Hi beam trigger and the relay coil pin 86
or
b) In circuit between earth and the relay coil pin 85
That way the relay only pulls in if both the switch and Hi beam are selected

A is the best option if you pick up hi beam in cabin from the head lamp switch (Hi beam +ve to switch, other side of switch to relay pin 86, ground pin 85)
B is the best option if you pick up hi beam from the head lamp (Hi beam to Relay pin 86, pin 85 to switch, other side of switch to earth)

deano_thfc
13th June 2016, 04:26 PM
Thanks Makka, that works a treat. Dry fitted it to test, now will route all the wires and tidy it up.

Cheers Again :))

deano_thfc
13th June 2016, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the info Evil, it works a treat and is a lot brighter than the spotties i had :)

Makka
13th June 2016, 04:31 PM
yay i did a good deed .........

i run my light bar and two spotties light bar for close up and spread and spotties for distance