Yendor
12th June 2016, 06:34 PM
I give up...... what engine?

threedogs
12th June 2016, 06:35 PM
Not good to hear, what failed ???

Makka
12th June 2016, 06:39 PM
TD4.2 same motor ive been working on replaced injectors as was told thats the issue with it sounds to me big end or piston:blowup:

Makka
12th June 2016, 06:41 PM
so now i can get a silver top from the local wrecker or rebuild mine i dont know at the moment everything i tough has gone to shit .......... might sell them both and buy a kia rio

threedogs
12th June 2016, 06:45 PM
Take a day to sit down and take it all in then plan the best
way to get yourself mobile without it hurting $$$$ too much lol

Makka
12th June 2016, 06:53 PM
this is not even rego'd yet i have a TB that is my daily been doing bits and pieces as i get the cash .......... im now thinking do some homework and work out which parts to buy . as in what pistons cam and so on so i can get most of the stuff together other than bearings then send it off to get machining done then get bosses mechanic to put it back together for me ........ this could end up being the death of my mini resto for a few more years

mudnut
12th June 2016, 07:02 PM
If it is a big end, can't that be done with engine in situ?

Makka
12th June 2016, 07:11 PM
yeah true it can

Yendor
12th June 2016, 07:21 PM
TD4.2 same motor ive been working on replaced injectors as was told thats the issue with it sounds to me big end or piston:blowup:

I don't know what you've been working on that's why I asked. Would be nice if you posted full information when asking for advise....

Makka
12th June 2016, 07:25 PM
i think it was more of a vent than anything Yendor

Yendor
12th June 2016, 07:50 PM
i think it was more of a vent than anything Yendor

No worries. Vent away then.

Col.T
12th June 2016, 07:51 PM
G'day Mac
that black dog is a bitch to ride, isn't it. Know it and have a bit of trouble beating the bas***d myself.
I'm on a 3.0CRD after a 4.2TD and am BLOODY unhappy the missus pushed me into it. Was just run in at 400+K and they're gold I reckon.
What vintage is yours. How many kliks has it done? Do you know precisely what is cactus? Is the body, suspension etc. etc. etc. still in good running/reparable nick? With a new/recon. motor would you have a keeper,(what I reckon is God's gift to off road) or is the whole thing a rusted out heap of shite?
I have been told that reconditioning a diesel is expensive but whether you should go down that track rests on dollar per result as well as what you would really like for wheels. The good TD4.2's are getting hard to find and acknowledging that the perishables, like brake/clutch cylinders, brake pads/rotors, all rubbers and plastics and everything else that simply wears out will need attention, I'd be tempted to fight to keep a good one.
Dunno if that helps.
Guess it simply boils down to pain versus gain.
All the best in your quest,
Col.

nissannewby
12th June 2016, 08:16 PM
While it is running crack each injector line. Crack one at a time and see what happens. Also get a compression test done and see how that comes back.

Makka
12th June 2016, 09:15 PM
G'day Mac
that black dog is a bitch to ride, isn't it. Know it and have a bit of trouble beating the bas***d myself.
I'm on a 3.0CRD after a 4.2TD and am BLOODY unhappy the missus pushed me into it. Was just run in at 400+K and they're gold I reckon.
What vintage is yours. How many kliks has it done? Do you know precisely what is cactus? Is the body, suspension etc. etc. etc. still in good running/reparable nick? With a new/recon. motor would you have a keeper,(what I reckon is God's gift to off road) or is the whole thing a rusted out heap of shite?
I have been told that reconditioning a diesel is expensive but whether you should go down that track rests on dollar per result as well as what you would really like for wheels. The good TD4.2's are getting hard to find and acknowledging that the perishables, like brake/clutch cylinders, brake pads/rotors, all rubbers and plastics and everything else that simply wears out will need attention, I'd be tempted to fight to keep a good one.
Dunno if that helps.
Guess it simply boils down to pain versus gain.
All the best in your quest,
Col.

not getting rid of it just venting had a shit time with cars over the last twelve months ........ it will get there i just need to leave ity for a week and then get back into it

Makka
12th June 2016, 09:17 PM
While it is running crack each injector line. Crack one at a time and see what happens. Also get a compression test done and see how that comes back.

yeah did that just got brand new reco injectors put in it same symptom as before so it is either a piston or bigend .......can hear a bit of a rattle when i crack the injector

nissannewby
12th June 2016, 09:18 PM
Has the pump ever been off?

Makka
12th June 2016, 09:19 PM
dunno tbh looks pretty clean

nissannewby
12th June 2016, 09:42 PM
Can you take a photo of the pump and post it? Specifically its mounting.

Makka
12th June 2016, 09:53 PM
Can you take a photo of the pump and post it? Specifically its mounting.

what do you mean by mounting ??????

nissannewby
12th June 2016, 09:57 PM
The studs/nuts that hold it to the engine.

Makka
12th June 2016, 10:27 PM
ok why is that ???

nissannewby
12th June 2016, 10:30 PM
Just curious as to its position as its relative to timing.

Makka
12th June 2016, 10:33 PM
ahhhhhh ok will get a photo tomorrow if i get the inclination to go near it lol ....... i'm actully looking of going down the rebuild road and build it for Turbo :D
i can feel the pain in my wallet already just looking at a few rebuild kits ..........