PDA

View Full Version : Won't go above 120 kph

GU4PLAY
8th June 2016, 11:50 PM
Hi guys does anyone know what could cause this to happen it's a 2006 zd30 ddti engine auto just doesn't want to go above 120kph any ideas ?? Running a hpd ic and 3" exhaust , boost gauge gets upto about 13 psi at 110 uphill list the markings on the vnt screw about 1 turn clockwise

LostBenji
9th June 2016, 07:44 AM
First things first, boost is pretty low. For now, put the screw back to the original spot. The position is not something hat should be messed with, use a Dawes & Needle valve kit and set the boost and rate that way.

Aim for around 16PSI @ 2000RPM but as you have moved the VNT rod position, it will take a little work to get back right. It will be even harder as you have a slushy that you can't lock into gear and force the TC lockup. These motors, especially with your HPD IC will take 20PSI without issues, we will play it safe with baby steps though.

Have you done the rest of the NADS yet?

Dr Gary
9th June 2016, 11:14 AM
Not sure about the auto, but my 2006 zd30 hits 120 way before it runs out of puff. Highest I have had the courage to take it is about 145 kph. My boost is limited to 17psi with a Dawes valve. Needle valve takes care of spool up.
I just followed Chas Yellowfoot directions--from this forum. I set the VNT lift according to that.

VNT was NOT touched, I followed directions:-
"Close needle valve completely, then open until actuator arm drops, THEN close slightly until arm lifts and touches STOP SCREW."
Now leave it alone--works fine. I tried minor changes but always came back to the original setting.

the evil twin
9th June 2016, 02:46 PM
Your boost is way to low.
Check for boost leaks but as a point of interest why did you adjust the VNT?
That IC and zorst shouldn't have affected factory ECU control .
The biggest factor I found was EGR blocking

GU4PLAY
14th July 2016, 02:36 PM
Sorry but it was the vnt screw with lock nut not the rod from the actuator that I adjusted as the Nissan patrol reference document by Aksniss suggests, just need to know in mm how much of the screw is either above the grub screw or below thanks in advance !!