PDA

View Full Version : Vibrating sound?

SKID
2nd June 2016, 11:08 PM
I have an annoying*Vibrating sound? when I hop out of my wagon, I hear a vibrating sound, if I put weight on my rock sliders it stops, if I climb back into my car it stops, if I climb under it and put pressure or pull on nearly ever component it stops, If I pull on the spring it stops, if I put pressure on my rear bumper it stops!!!!

Can some one guide me into what to look for PLEASE, as its doing me head in

Kimbo63
2nd June 2016, 11:19 PM
Is it with the engine running? Sounds like harmonics try adjusting the idle up a tad

4bye4
2nd June 2016, 11:22 PM
Um shocker bleeding off air internally??? Whats a sping? how long does it vibrate for if you don't do anything?

SKID
2nd June 2016, 11:26 PM
Um shocker bleeding off air internally??? Whats a sping? how long does it vibrate for if you don't do anything?

Meant to say spring.
Depending where I park some times rarely it doesn't do it, but when It does vibrates as long as engine is running...

Bigcol
3rd June 2016, 12:25 AM
sounds like that old Blonde joke

she goes to a Drs and says "I hurt every where..............."
"if I touch my ear,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it hurts
if I touch my Nose.................it hurts
if I touch my elbow...... it hurts
if I touch my Knee........... yep, it hurts also
what can it be Dr.........?"

Doctor says "you have a broken finger, thats why it hurts everywhere you touch................................"

Bigcol
3rd June 2016, 12:26 AM
now, for something more constructive

can you tape the noise on your Phone, and post it up...........

someone may have a better idea of what it may be........

MB
3rd June 2016, 12:58 AM
Is it with the engine running? Sounds like harmonics try adjusting the idle up a tad
Donk Balance like K63 suggests!?Maybe a dodgy body mount too, steel on steel somewhere?

taslucas
3rd June 2016, 07:42 AM
Body mount?

>>>tappin from tassie

Winnie
3rd June 2016, 07:47 AM
Yeah I would be checking your body mounts first, then I'd look at engine and gearbox mounts.

togenshi
4th June 2016, 05:29 PM
Check the exhaust mount just after the cat. I bet you its that.

threedogs
4th June 2016, 06:59 PM
SKID what area are you in , Melb west I think
If so bring it around as two heads are better than one

SKID
6th June 2016, 09:56 AM
SKID what area are you in , Melb west I think
If so bring it around as two heads are better than one

Wish I could, but Live in Brisbane QLD :(

Sir Roofy
6th June 2016, 11:22 AM
If you have checker plate on your sliders
could be the riverts starting to come loose
and vibrating through the steel work

threedogs
6th June 2016, 01:07 PM
My tread plates[side steps] are loose I ended up packing them up with pieces of small cable ties

SKID
13th June 2016, 07:18 PM
No checkerplate on rock sliders... when it made the noise today, if I touched the accelerator pedal ever so slightly to bring the revs uo from 750 to 800ish the sound goes away... Any ideas?

MB
13th June 2016, 07:36 PM
No checkerplate on rock sliders... when it made the noise today, if I touched the accelerator pedal ever so slightly to bring the revs uo from 750 to 800ish the sound goes away... Any ideas?
G'day SKID, have you tried everything else suggested above, especially Kimbo's idea? Definately no mounts rubbing steel on steel again? Not sure what Donk you've got but is 750 too low anyway? Cheers :-) !

SKID
13th June 2016, 07:42 PM
Its a TD42 with turbo... Truck was originally a 3ltr but the previous owners blew it up and put a TD42 silvertop in...

MB
13th June 2016, 07:47 PM
So all new mounts all over are good, have checked? NissanNewby would know the correct idle for a silver turbo but the poor buggers super busy :-)

garett
14th June 2016, 07:59 AM
mine is a silvertop td42 in a gq and it seems to make the same sort of noises. did find the clutch shield loose as in it was cracking off. but it still makes the noise. my body mounts are still original... i've given up chasing the noise for now but if you find it i'll consider fixing it...lol

SKID
14th June 2016, 09:51 AM
What should I adjust it too? its currently on 750RPM

threedogs
14th June 2016, 10:46 AM
What should I adjust it too? its currently on 750RPM

My Max Ellery manual says the TD42 idle
is 700-750rpm and 800-850rpm with the air con on.
If thats of any good to you

It may even be the guts of your muffler coming loose.