PDA

View Full Version : Made the move to the dark side....

clambeard
1st June 2016, 03:54 AM
Hi guys,

After not owning a 4x4 for quite a few years, I developed a burning desire that needed to be quenched.
I have owned several cruisers and hilux's and swore allegiance to the toyota gods many years ago.

That was, until a week ago.

I just so happened to stumble upon a GUIII 4.8 in great condition and at the right price.
It's only a weekend car, so fuel economy isnt an issue for me, plus I love the grunt.

I have grand plans for it (dont we all start off like that?) but we will see how much life gets in the way.
Ive already pulled some of the stickers off, fit a pair of lights and installed a stereo in the first few days of ownership.
Next on the list is a dual battery system/tyres/lift.

Nice to meet you all.

Trent

BigRAWesty
1st June 2016, 06:09 AM
Welcome CB.
Very neat Gu there..
Be sure to do up a thread in the members ride section so everyone can follow your build

AB
1st June 2016, 07:12 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Bigcol
1st June 2016, 07:32 AM
welcome to the forum Trent

looks like a nice pickup for sure

kevin07
1st June 2016, 08:20 AM
gday mate and welcome theres just something about grunt that's undeniable

Dhuck
1st June 2016, 08:31 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Touses
1st June 2016, 08:44 AM
Hello Trent and welcome.

MB
1st June 2016, 10:29 AM
Welcome aboard Trent. Made the Toyoda<>Trol switch myself back in 2005 and have never looked back. Several blown diffs & axles pre 2005 and not a single hiccup to date :-) You'll love em !!!

clambeard
1st June 2016, 10:59 AM
Being a HD and LV mechanic that's worked in mining all over the Pilbara, I've always stayed away from nissans due to the navaras being no where near as durable as the hilux. You don't really see a lot of patrols on sites either, so is hard to make a good comparison with the cruiser.

Plasnart
1st June 2016, 11:04 AM
If you get a chance to line a cruiser and patrol up side by side get underneath and compare chassis section, drive train and diff sizes. That's what nailed it for me 9 years ago.

Welcome to the forum mate.

taslucas
1st June 2016, 12:45 PM
Welcome aboard mate. You won't look back!

>>>tappin from tassie

taslucas
1st June 2016, 12:47 PM
If you get a chance to line a cruiser and patrol up side by side get underneath and compare chassis section, drive train and diff sizes. That's what nailed it for me 9 years ago.

Welcome to the forum mate.
Hard to do that when the patrol is always so far ahead..... Lol

>>>tappin from tassie

threedogs
1st June 2016, 01:38 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum, sadly I to have come from the "dark" side.
Looks like a great pick up, look forward to your mods. anyway enjoy eh lol

blocko05
2nd June 2016, 07:29 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
13th June 2016, 10:00 AM
G'day Trent welcome aboard mate

tim_pato
14th June 2016, 02:12 PM
Hello, and welcome. So how does the dark side compare to the yotas?