PDA

View Full Version : Good afternoon

Spannerdriver
28th May 2016, 06:26 PM
Hi all,
My name is Jonny,

In a past life I've been a Comms tech and now am a 4th year aircraft maintaince engineer apprentice, in the last 10 years I've lived in the NT and now QLD. Amongst many interests and hobbies including general mechanical system maintenance and modification am currently experimenting with alternative petrochemical fuels (namely Jet-A and black diesel)

My wife and I now own 2 patrols
2005 GU 4.2Ti DX ute (ex mine contractor) and an RD28 GQ RX wagon (we're calling her OILY JET as she's destined to run exclusivly on Jet-A1 and black diesel, however still need to replace the head on her as she was a recent $1500 acquisition due to over heating problems

Looking forward to getting to know you all,

growler2058
28th May 2016, 06:33 PM
Gday Jonny welcome aboard mate

Dhuck
28th May 2016, 06:46 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

4bye4
28th May 2016, 08:11 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

Avo
28th May 2016, 08:41 PM
welcome to the forum

MEGOMONSTER
29th May 2016, 04:31 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

threedogs
29th May 2016, 08:39 AM
Hello Jonny and wife,,, welcome to the forum. look forward to this jetA fuel,
is it similar to Bio-diesel?? Anyway ask away and jump in anytime you like.
Most of all enjoy eh

Spannerdriver
29th May 2016, 11:40 AM
Hello Jonny and wife,,, welcome to the forum. look forward to this jetA fuel,
is it similar to Bio-diesel?? Anyway ask away and jump in anytime you like.
Most of all enjoy eh

in terms of effort Jet-A is more like diesel than Bio-Diesel all that's involved is mixing in 2-stroke oil and shes good to go, some of the guys I work with have been running 1 liter per 205 liter drum personally I've rounded up on an old Lister Peters guide for running generators on paraffin (20 imperial floz to every 10 imperial gallons of paraffin) so my mix is 1 liter of 2-stroke per 100 liters. another method which i ran with some success in an old tdi300 landrover discovery was 40-60% Jet-A to 60-40% diesel

threedogs
29th May 2016, 12:24 PM
in terms of effort Jet-A is more like diesel than Bio-Diesel all that's involved is mixing in 2-stroke oil and shes good to go, some of the guys I work with have been running 1 liter per 205 liter drum personally I've rounded up on an old Lister Peters guide for running generators on paraffin (20 imperial floz to every 10 imperial gallons of paraffin) so my mix is 1 liter of 2-stroke per 100 liters. another method which i ran with some success in an old tdi300 landrover discovery was 40-60% Jet-A to 60-40% diesel

Myself and a few others run Castrol T2 in our Direct injection motors with good results.
Ill share the bottle with my 165ltrs especially if going on a trip like up the Murray.