PDA

View Full Version : TaipanXP Fuel Enhancer chip

Cliffy
16th May 2016, 08:31 PM
Hi

I have just bought a 2 1/2" stainless exhaust and a couple of "other things" from my mechanics old man for $750 but little did I know there was a TaipanXP Fuel Enhancer chip, genuine floor mats (front and rear), K&N filter and cleaning kit to suit and genuine head light protectors.... Bargain I say...

But my question is about the fuel chip, is this a simple plug and play or do i have to take it to a taipanXP dealer to get it tuned?

Thanks
Brad

Col.T
18th May 2016, 07:57 PM
G'day Cliffy,
is the chip installed??? If so maybe go with the flow or ask the mechanic or his old if anything else is required.
If not and you can't get the story from them, reckon you may need to spend some web search time.
Luck,Col.

LostBenji
19th May 2016, 07:40 AM
A lot of the "Chips" are interceptor style which means need to be either cut-n-joined into the loom or at least plugged in to it.

The better option is to get your basic NADS mods done along with any others, THEN you get the ECU remapped to suit the engine in its own skin. No plug-in box will suit every vehicle. A tune to suit your setup will produce the best results every time.

Cliffy
19th May 2016, 12:28 PM
Thanks Col.T

The chip was installed on his CRD and took it off when he sold the Patrol

Will do some more web search

Cliffy
19th May 2016, 12:30 PM
Thanks LostBenji

Do i need to do basic NADS mods on a 2011 CRD patrol?

LostBenji
19th May 2016, 09:06 PM
Thanks LostBenji

Do i need to do basic NADS mods on a 2011 CRD patrol?

LOL, that question is like, Do you need to wear a seat belt when in a light plane?

As I said, plug-in units are tuned to a base set of settings. Nothing too smart going on. If you have a sturdy and reliable motor to begin with that is already making more neddies, then and ECU that can take advantage will help. Most interceptor chips suggest basics like Zorst, intake mods to get something worthwhile.
When custom tuning, have all your ducks in a row then pull the trigger.