PDA

View Full Version : Driving Light Options/Reccomendations Led or ?

bushnbash
11th May 2016, 02:16 PM
Im looking at getting a set of driving lights at last time I was driving up the beach with the missus she was complaining that it was to dark and she couldn't see anything. The 22' inch light bar that was given to me was just not cutting it.
My 1st thought was to get the 4wd supacentre Illuminator 9" Round LED Driving Lights with wiring harness for $260. After a few quiet days at work and a little bit of googling researching
I have found a couple of other lights might be contenders. Some one suggested to have a look at these as they have a Lux 1 @ 900m https://www.ledlightbarsaustralia.co...driving-lights
So I had on flea bay to see if there was anything similar and found these for a bit cheaper and the look exactly the same. 320W 2pcs 9 Inch LED Driving Black Light Offroad 4WD VS 225W 185W 180W 160W 140W | eBay
I emailed the seller to see if they has the same cree chip set as the more expensive ones and they said that he chip set is stronger " XMk is stronger than the XML2"
What are your thoughts? Can you recommend a better set for under these prices!!!!
Kind regards
Paul

MudRunnerTD
11th May 2016, 03:43 PM
Check out LED LiightCo in our Vendors section mate, Paul is a great guy, great prices, fast delivery. Guaranteed quality not just EBay crap.

gubigfish
11th May 2016, 04:00 PM
Don't think you can go past HID. I have a set of HID lightforce on my ute and the light they throw is amazing, whether you want to fork out the hard earned for Lightforce is another thing though.

mudski
11th May 2016, 05:56 PM
LED's are great. But they are a whole different light output when you compare it to Halogen and HID. My personal experience, LED is the go. It doesn't have the distance compared to HID but they certainly throw out an insane amount of light, and far enough in my opinion even when driving at 100clicks.
It does take a bit to get used to when changing to LED driving lights, but atleast theres no warm up delay, the light is instant.
Have a look at what LED Light Co have. I'd love to upgrade my 42inch light bar I have on my roof to maybe a curved bar, and a more up to date led tech, as my LED spotties make it look like a candle when both on.

the evil twin
11th May 2016, 06:11 PM
For the beach? LED every time!... unless you routinely do more than 110 KPH on your local sands

Yendor
11th May 2016, 06:33 PM
Have a look at FYRLYT.

BigRAWesty
11th May 2016, 07:42 PM
Imo must be a shoit bar..
My Aurora 20" bar for led light co easily lights up 4-500m but reflective light is up around 1k..
It's a combo 5W bar so split half an half spot and spread.
Light output is about 140 degrees. So the other side of the road is lit up not far in front of the car...

mudski
11th May 2016, 08:03 PM
My Aurora 20" bar for led light co easily lights up 4-500m but reflective light is up around 1k..
Light output is about 140 degrees. So the other side of the road is lit up not far in front of the car...

Get ya hand off it Kallen.

BigRAWesty
11th May 2016, 08:21 PM
Get ya hand off it Kallen.
??? We have an straight which is the length of the local airport.. and the a couple of properties..
The landing strip itself is about 1k and the straight is a few k.
It's a hill either end and when I drop into to flat with the bar on it lights up reflectors at the other end..

Here is a screen shot of the rough length of flat road I'm talking about. .
Scale down the bottom..
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/176.jpg

BigRAWesty
11th May 2016, 08:26 PM
This is the bar.
And a vendor

http://www.ledlightco.com.au/aurora-light-bar-20-100-watt-20x5w-oslon-chips-combo-beam/

mudski
11th May 2016, 08:29 PM
Lighting a reflector is different to actual vision at distance. My Led Lenser headlamp will light a reflector ar 500m, over double of what it actual range is.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

BigRAWesty
11th May 2016, 09:02 PM
Lighting a reflector is different to actual vision at distance. My Led Lenser headlamp will light a reflector ar 500m, over double of what it actual range is.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
That's why I said useable light (where the road is lit) is around 400 ish meters..

mudski
11th May 2016, 10:42 PM
That's why I said useable light (where the road is lit) is around 400 ish meters..
Yeah I read that....400 meters out of a 20inch light bar? Really? Times me need updatin' me lights....

BigRAWesty
11th May 2016, 10:44 PM
Yeah I read that....400 meters out of a 20inch light bar? Really? Times me need updatin' me lights....
Yep..
I'll try get a good shot over the weekend of its output..

nissannewby
11th May 2016, 10:58 PM

My 50w Lightforce XGTs light stuff up 1k down the road. I just need a little more spread.

BigRAWesty
11th May 2016, 11:01 PM
My 50w Lightforce XGTs light stuff up 1k down the road. I just need a little more spread.
Yea distance is a let down with led over hid..
But I don't plan on land speed records so a few hundred meters is fine for me...

bushnbash
13th May 2016, 06:50 PM
Thanks for all the reply's...Ended up ordering a set of the 4wdsupacentre leds as they had them for $219 yesterday & i had a $50 free voucher from them, so only had to outlay $170. Thought for that price I will give them a go. The missus wanted me to get the best but I thought I would give them a try and if they don't cut the mustard then I will get a set of the lightforce 50w hids. My mate has a lux meter so i will test them when I get them.

Brissieboy
13th May 2016, 09:21 PM
Saw a pair of those new Lightforce LED/HID combination lights on a vehicle this morning - not a Patrol.
Someone has money (or at least they used to have some).
Me thinks they also need good insurance - they gotta be a magnet for thieves.

BigRAWesty
13th May 2016, 10:06 PM
Saw a pair of those new Lightforce LED/HID combination lights on a vehicle this morning - not a Patrol.
Someone has money (or at least they used to have some).
Me thinks they also need good insurance - they gotta be a magnet for thieves.
That's why I like my single row bar..
Out of site out of mind sorta thing..

mudski
14th May 2016, 12:33 PM
Thanks for all the reply's...Ended up ordering a set of the 4wdsupacentre leds as they had them for $219 yesterday & i had a $50 free voucher from them, so only had to outlay $170. Thought for that price I will give them a go. The missus wanted me to get the best but I thought I would give them a try and if they don't cut the mustard then I will get a set of the lightforce 50w hids. My mate has a lux meter so i will test them when I get them.
Led spotties take a bit to get used to. But for what you paid. Feck. They'll be pretty good i reckon.
Personally i cant justify spending a lot on lights, thats simply bolted on and is quite easy for someone to steal.
I would absolutely cry if i spent big coin on some snazzy lights and for someone to pinch them or i wipe them out fron a tree branch etc etc.
Each to their own...
Let us know your thoughts on them once you get them on and working.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Maxhead
22nd July 2017, 09:42 AM
Has anyone else got any of these Illuminator 9" led lights?

I'm looking at something cheap this time around. I paid over a grand for xRay Vision lights last time and could not see the value.

Is anyone else running cheapish led driving lights, just after some feedback on what they are like..light output and vibration wise.

These are the ones from 4wdsupacentre

https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/illuminator-9-round-led-driving-lights-pair.html

...........on the road

Winnie
22nd July 2017, 09:52 AM
A few of my mates have those lights and there are no bad stories yet, they all love them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mike02Ti
22nd July 2017, 02:52 PM
I dont have the illuminators , i got a 22" light bar no name brand and i think about 120 or 150w. I love it personally. While i cant see 2kms down the road ( not that i can see that bloody far in the first place)
the sides are light up very well to help see hiding roos and i have not found that i can outdrive them at hwy speeds eg not seeing far enough ahead at 110kmh.
I too dont see the point in $1000 + light setup and to be honest havent seen the justification for the price either.
I had my little $30 27w reverse light stolen last week so theives do target them.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

VK2FMIA
22nd July 2017, 03:06 PM

I'm looking at something cheap this time around. I paid over a grand for xRay Vision lights last time and could not see the value.

Is anyone else running cheapish led driving lights, just after some feedback on what they are like..light output and vibration wise.

https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/illuminator-9-round-led-driving-lights-pair.html

...........on the road

Mates got them & has used them for 18 months with no problems.

I bought these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PAIR-9inch-7100W-NEW-CREE-LED-Work-Driving-Lights-Spot-light-Offroad-HID-12V-24V-/252750105487?hash=item3ad9148b8f:g:iowAAOSww9xZGWB t

for around the same money & while they work alright & throw a good light(nowhere near the stated wattage but brighter than 100 watt halogens), should have got the Illuminators instead as they are a lot brighter.

jack
22nd July 2017, 04:32 PM

...........on the road

Son has them on his Lux, and I'm impressed. Took it for a spin through the local forest and combined with the light bar is unbelievable output. Picked up Roos from a very good distance.
Only been on for 6mths so don't know about longevity.
I'd get them if my IPFs fail.