PDA

View Full Version : Clutch

Glabby
27th April 2016, 09:14 PM
Hi guys and girls.
Hopefly someone can help me out here.

I have a 94 gq on petrol
And two days ago I had my clutch slave cylinder replaced as it was leaking and they also replaced the master.

When I picked it it was driving fine ( not slipping) then further down the road in fifth it started to slip then gradually got worse as I went down to fourth , third etc.
I then lost all drive so pulled over. Clutch pedal wasn't stuck or didn't go really soft.
I could start the car in gear with out clutch in.
I then cracked the bleed nipple on slave and it squirted out a bit and I did it up.
I started the car again and it jumped while starting it in gear with out clutch pedal pressed (as it should )
So kept driving home and after a while it would slip again and I would bleed it a little then one way again.
It's like the clutch is building up pressure every time I press down and just not releasing. Is this possible?
Both slave and master are brand new.
What else could be causing this. ?

There is also no clutch burning smell.

Sorry for long post. Just trying to give all info.

MB
27th April 2016, 09:24 PM
G'day Glabby,
Only my wacky theory but possibly a crimped line? Others here will know for sure! Cheers and good luck mate :-) !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glabby
28th April 2016, 05:40 PM
So I just found that when I release pressure from the slave cylinder the clutch fork actually moves like I am taking my foot off the pedal so it is definitely getting stuck on but the pedal itself is not sticking to the floor it is returning but becomes a bit harder.
Don't know why.

Didn't see any crimp in the hoses so I'm out of ideas.

mudnut
28th April 2016, 06:17 PM
Someone has installed one of the seals wrongly maybe.

threedogs
28th April 2016, 07:49 PM
Hi guys and girls.
Hopefly someone can help me out here.

I have a 94 gq on petrol
And two days ago I had my clutch slave cylinder replaced as it was leaking and they also replaced the master.

When I picked it it was driving fine ( not slipping) then further down the road in fifth it started to slip then gradually got worse as I went down to fourth , third etc.
I then lost all drive so pulled over. Clutch pedal wasn't stuck or didn't go really soft.
I could start the car in gear with out clutch in.
I then cracked the bleed nipple on slave and it squirted out a bit and I did it up.
I started the car again and it jumped while starting it in gear with out clutch pedal pressed (as it should )
So kept driving home and after a while it would slip again and I would bleed it a little then one way again.
It's like the clutch is building up pressure every time I press down and just not releasing. Is this possible?
Both slave and master are brand new.
What else could be causing this. ?

There is also no clutch burning smell.

Sorry for long post. Just trying to give all info.

Take it back to who ever did it and get them to
check and bleed the system properly

4bye4
28th April 2016, 08:05 PM
Master cylinder - as TD said take it back.