PDA

View Full Version : GQ Pitman arm question

Lawrence
27th April 2016, 02:54 AM
Hi guys. I took my Patrol to the alignment stand today. Apart from tie rod ends, they said I also needed a pitman arm. My mechanic say he thinks they meant drag link as the ball joint would be a wear item. Do Pitman arms wear on a Patrol? I have never heard of them being replaced here. Only the drag link and tierod ends. What would be the symptoms of a bad pitman arm?

mudski
27th April 2016, 09:36 AM
The only way I can see a pitman arm needing to be replaced is if the spline is shot at the steering box end, the tapered hole is shot at the drag link end or the arm is physically broken. I would assume the mechanic is meaning the drag link. Get the mechanic to point at the item he means....

Lawrence
28th April 2016, 05:44 AM
The only way I can see a pitman arm needing to be replaced is if the spline is shot at the steering box end, the tapered hole is shot at the drag link end or the arm is physically broken. I would assume the mechanic is meaning the drag link. Get the mechanic to point at the item he means....

Thanks. i agree with that. i called them back and they confirmed it was the drag link Ordered one today.