PDA

View Full Version : The education of 4 breads

Touses
26th April 2016, 02:35 PM
Thought I would kick this one off for sangersanger.

He would like to learn Australian!

Watch out now bloke could be an information overload! hahaha

macca
26th April 2016, 03:31 PM
Fair suck of the sav, didja hafta start somthin like this?

ova50
26th April 2016, 03:50 PM
Getta Dog up ya!

Touses
26th April 2016, 04:02 PM
Getta Dog up ya!

Seriously ova50 that may need a detailed explanation! Don't leave the the poor fella scratchin. BAhahahaha LMAO

growler2058
26th April 2016, 06:14 PM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/13043684_799612353472872_3550808922847193197_n.jpg ?oh=666b303a111007b14115f68fad2ddb73&oe=57BDFD7D

rusty_nail
26th April 2016, 06:18 PM
i remember seeing this one a few Australia days ago. thought most of it was pretty accurate:

You know you’re Australian if …

* You believe that stubbies can be either drunk or worn.

* You pronounce Melbourne as ‘Mel-bin’.

* You believe the ‘l’ in the word ‘Australia’ is optional.

* You can translate: ‘Dazza and Shazza played Acca Dacca on the way to Maccas.’

* You believe it makes perfect sense for a nation to decorate its highways with large fibreglass bananas, prawns and sheep.

* You think ‘Woolloomooloo’ is a perfectly reasonable name for a place.

* You’re secretly proud of our killer wildlife.

* You believe it makes sense for a country to have a $1 coin that’s twice as big as its $2 coin.

* You understand that ‘Wagga Wagga’ can be abbreviated to ‘Wagga’ but ‘Woy Woy’ can’t be called ‘Woy’.

* You believe that cooked-down axle grease makes a good breakfast spread. You’ve also squeezed it through Vita Wheats to make little Vegemite worms.

* You believe all famous Kiwis are actually Australian, until they stuff up, at which point they again become Kiwis.

* Beetroot with your Hamburger… Of course.

* You know that certain words must, by law, be shouted out during any rendition of the Angels’ song ‘Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again’ And “Living next door to Alice”.

* You believe that the confectionery known as the Wagon Wheel has become smaller with every passing year.

* You wear ugg boots outside the house.

* You believe that every important discovery in the world was made by an Australian but then sold off for a pittance.

* You believe that the more you shorten someone’s name the more you like them.

* Whatever your linguistic skills, you find yourself able to order takeaway fluently in every Asian language.

* You understand that ‘excuse me’ can sound rude, While ‘scuse me’ is always polite.

* You know what it’s like to swallow a fly, on occasion via your nose.

* You know it’s not summer until the steering wheel is too hot to handle and a seat belt buckle becomes a pretty good branding iron.

* Your biggest family argument over the summer concerned the rules for beach cricket.

* You shake your head in horror when companies try to market what they call ‘Anzac cookies’.

* You still think of Kylie as ‘that girl off Neighbours’.

* When working on a bar, you understand male customers will feel the need to offer an excuse whenever they order low-alcohol beer.

* You know how to abbreviate every word, all of which usually end in -o: arvo, combo, garbo, kero, lezzo, metho, milko, muso, rego, servo, smoko, speedo, righto, goodo etc.

* You know that there is a universal place called “woop woop” located in the middle of nowhere…no matter where you actually are.

* You know that none of us actually drink Fosters beer, because it tastes like piss. But we let the world think we do. Because we can.

* You have some time in your life slept with Aeroguard on in the summer. Maybe even as perfume.

* You’ve only ever used the words – tops, ripper, sick, mad, rad, sweet – to mean good. And then you place ‘bloody’ in front of it when you really mean it.

* You know that the barbecue is a political arena; the person holding the tongs is always the boss and usually a man. And the women make the Salad.

* You say ‘no worries’ quite often, whether you realise it or not.

* You’ve drank your tea/coffee/milo through a Tim Tam.

* You own a Bond’s chesty. In several different colours.

* You know that some people pronounce Australia like “Straya” and that’s ok.

macca
26th April 2016, 06:52 PM
haha rego, I did my rego today on line, it's on the RMS site "renew rego"

Part of official language now!

the evil twin
26th April 2016, 06:52 PM
Sydney may have a suburb named Woolloomooloo... but it took Perth to go with Cockburn.
... reckon they were lucky it wasn't named after a Sheila

Plasnart
26th April 2016, 07:15 PM
Sydney may have a suburb named Woolloomooloo... but it took Perth to go with Cockburn.
... reckon they were lucky it wasn't named after a Sheila

Town in SA too. I never looked for ladies in either of those places!

taslucas
26th April 2016, 08:48 PM
The best education you can get about aussie culture is that you went from Sangersanger to 4 breads in minutes haha

>>>tappin from tassie

katwoman
26th April 2016, 09:01 PM
Hopefully it can work two ways. Do you know how long it takes to explain to an American what a mudguard, boot, rubber kit is ???

Plasnart
26th April 2016, 09:20 PM
Hopefully it can work two ways. Do you know how long it takes to explain to an American what a mudguard, boot, rubber kit is ???

Town I lived in had a bald councillor. He was nicknamed "mudguards". All shiny on top and sh!t underneath!!

AB
26th April 2016, 09:21 PM
The best education you can get about aussie culture is that you went from Sangersanger to 4 breads in minutes haha >>>tappin from tassie Classic mate!!!

the evil twin
26th April 2016, 09:41 PM
Tuppa is soooo gunna punish you Clunky...

(edit) Bloody Hell, Cobbers... that post got deleted in less time than it takes to shag a boomer.
It wasn't as rank as a Dunny Door on a Prawner but strewth it was close

Plasnart
26th April 2016, 09:49 PM

(edit) Bloody Hell, Cobbers... that post got deleted in less time than it takes to shag a boomer.

Was a prawner in a previous live. Gotta agree the dunny door was pretty rank but we had a shower every week whether we needed one or not!

Clunk
26th April 2016, 10:04 PM

I've got a follower........... it was very un-Australian to remove the video i reckon, seeing as it did have a disclaimer at the beginning of it ;)

Avo
26th April 2016, 10:46 PM
what video......that bloody doggy....

Kimbo63
26th April 2016, 10:56 PM
Cockburn is a classic not to mention upper swan and innaloo

mudnutette
26th April 2016, 11:02 PM
oi c@nts, if you f*ckheads want some aussie slang from a teenager's perspective, here ya go:
the lads told me to come chill at the pub but the missus was in her trakkies and i was wearing thongs so we chucked a u-ey and went to the bottle-o to grab VB and goon, then swung by the servo on the way home for some durries and petrol.

mudnutette
26th April 2016, 11:07 PM

mudski
26th April 2016, 11:26 PM
oi c*nts, if you f*ckheads want some aussie slang from a teenager's perspective, here ya go:
the lads told me to come chill at the pub but the missus was in her trakkies and i was wearing thongs so we chucked a u-ey and went to the bottle-o to grab VB and goon, then swung by the servo on the way home for some durries and petrol.

Language young lady!

Plasnart
26th April 2016, 11:28 PM
Cockburn is a classic not to mention upper swan and innaloo

Packenham Upper.

mudnutette
26th April 2016, 11:30 PM
If you want to go even deeper down the rabbithole, I can introduce you to the online slang used between Australian teenager,s bc tbh it's hype af and i got most of it from tumblr which is actual bae lmao

jay see
27th April 2016, 02:55 AM
Well since mudnutette has raised the bar. This is what happens when you go out bush with your goat!!!

http://vidmax.com/video/138693-Possibly-The-Most-Australian-Video-On-The-Internet

Touses
27th April 2016, 08:11 AM
So 4 breads there it is a brief introduction to Australian as spoken! Do hope you took all on board, underline the important bits,there will be a test later!

A last heads up. To be offered a nickname in our sunbaked part of the world is akin to a blessing from the pope!

To the contributors a hearty round of applause, well done all! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Cheers, Rob

rusty_nail
27th April 2016, 08:25 AM
i always found this one VERY informative haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHQRZXM-4xI

AGman
27th April 2016, 09:16 AM
Aahhhh man that video is gold! :thumbup:

mudnut
27th April 2016, 09:32 AM
I see 4 breads is still logged on, so we haven't scared him off.

rusty_nail
27th April 2016, 09:55 AM
Aahhhh man that video is gold! :thumbup:

the whole series is awesome. if you have the time make sure you go through them

AGman
27th April 2016, 02:39 PM
Its nearly as good as Ichiban Moto who takes the piss out of hipsters and their bike modding/wrecking culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbu6nXV3xZ4